• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Error Code P1139???

Anyone out there ever heard/know what Error Code P1139 is?? AllData has no listing for such an error code. [This is from an AutoZone reading earlier tonight. Interestingly enough, there is no Ford listing on the print out they gave me.] Am I correct in assuming that it's an O2 sensor issue? Or should I have the data read again?

Go to another Autozone or Advance and get it read again. Then post the new code.

P1139 is the Bank 1 Lower Sensor not switching (for a Chevrolet).

Error Code P1139??

Error Code P1139??

Yeah I figured it was some SNAFU...it's just that I did very recently replace the 2nd heated O2 sensor [which required a cut and splice] and Im afraid I screwed up the wiring some how. I will certainly get a re-read. Thanks for the help.

P1139 is an O2 sensor code, but according to my data info, was only used by BMW and SUBARU.

Better get another code read and post it here.

Yeah, that's what I figured...

Yeah, that's what I figured...

but upon further reflection I went back to AutoZone and exchanged the universal for the 'plug and play' hardware [it was only $5 extra]...I had my fill of the 'slice and dice' O2 sensor install previously...will attempt install this afternoon...thanks for all your help on this, I was beginning to get frustrated.

My latest brilliant move...

My latest brilliant move...

Replaced the 02 sensor [an incredible chore, with typically everything as tight as a gnat's ass], thanks to GoldenTour's how-to. The upside: no more P0133/P1131 error codes. However, ran into a bit of a problem as a result of the fix: while using the tire pry bar to pry the wire harness up the bar slipped and slammed into that constellation of colored vacuum hoses [red, green, white] behind the EVR/EGR valve. [EXPLETIVES DELETED] Ray had it right...those little things will snap in a heart beat! So the new downside: P0174/P0171...massive vacuum leak. So I bought some new vacuum hose from NAPA and will attempt to put Humpty Dumpty back together again. Just a quick question:

Assuming a snug fit with the new hose over the old, will this give me a decent 'fix'? Is any type of sealer needed/recommended? Any other suggestions?

Thanks again for the feedback.

yes just pick up the appropriate sized vaccum hose or what ever works and make sure it is a snug fit onto to existing hose.

Indeed...

Indeed...

that was a good call...getting that little bugger in was enough of a chore--the special sensor socket was a complete waste of money; a 22mm crescent wrench along with a girlfriend's small hands and thin wrists were much more effective--without having to worry about correctly splicing wires together. No sense in re-inventing the wheel, etc., etc.

Now if I can just make sense out of the cryptic vacuum diagram. Not that Im complaining [something/anything is better than nothing] but am I correct in assuming that the AdvanceAuto/AllData vacuum diagram is as good as it gets? [And no, I haven't even tried to find/inspect the diagram under the hood. Is it any better?] Is there any type of primer online to help a 'New CEG'er' make sense of it all?

Back