• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Any one need a 3L?

Way to get off topic.... :shrug:

:D

Buy the engine...

Honestly, if you don't sell it and can hang on to it for a couple of months I will run down there and drive it. I just need to "hide" some money from the wife, run down there and buy it later on, bring it home, throw it in the garage and then tell her I need it for when mine dies. Better than buying a whole new car, right? :cool:

Honestly, if you don't sell it and can hang on to it for a couple of months I will run down there and drive it. I just need to "hide" some money from the wife, run down there and buy it later on, bring it home, throw it in the garage and then tell her I need it for when mine dies. Better than buying a whole new car, right? :cool:

Not a bad way of looking at it.
I told the wife i can spend $350 NOW on a motor.. while its available or 600-700 later when im ready to swap one in... Shes said grab it now as she rolled her eyes... I figure the least i get is to spend some $$ on exhaust and :censored::censored::censored::censored: since im paying for her 2008 mazda 3.... :laugh:

ooo if only I had money...I am guessing you can do the swap on a Auto or a Manual? I never looked as it was not a option on the old Zetech lol.

Haha...yeah, who knows dude...the world might even be here by the time that engine hits 100,000 miles...

I am in need of a tranny before I can do the 3L. I was seriously seriously considering this though. I would also need help though too cuz this is my only car...and I live at home still...and I am about to go to Mankato soon...flight school is expensive. Yep, sorry.

you say too high of miles... yet these motors are KNOWN to go 200,300,400k miles...

I didn't post to offend you by any means. Used motors are never a guarantee regardless of mileage. There are plenty of 3L's that have gone bad in a short amount of time with low miles, it happens. I wish you luck with your sale.

Back