• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Radiator Overflow Tank

dingleberry

CEG'er
what is the best way to clean it and to make it look THE BEST!! and what kind of radiator fluid should i use? ive seen red fluids and regular (yellowish) what do i do!??! HELP!? it looks so grungy!!

Duratec25LV624ValveDOHC.jpg

I picked up a new one from Team Ford for about $40 or so.

Mine was gross and no matter what I did, it wouldn't come clean. I filled it with bleach water, soaked for a while, shook the hell out of it, and it made little to no change.

Yikes! These went up in price since then.

F8RZ8A080HA - $54.96 - 95-98 style (the one I ordered and matched the original)

F8RZ8A080FD - $88.50 - 98.5-00 style

yeah.. i think i might buy a new one eventually... but i kno im gonna flush the radiator soon, i'll most likely clean the overflow tank to lol.. or maybe get one used on here or pick one up at the junky yard :)

your color of choice..... just get krylon fusion and paint it. i painted the top of mine black (match the car) and only painted it down to the line where i need to see the fluid level. it looks great! i simple greened the rest of it and the inside too. that took a little yellow out of it but your not gonna get it out fully because the temperature bakes the plastic some and gives it a dark tint.

Back