• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Does this sound reasonable?

kakarroto

New CEG'er
Hey guys I would post this in the for sale part but I guess I don't have enough posts. I am going to list my 98 Contour SE for sale locally, and I was wondering if you guys thought I could get around $2500 for it. It is a v6 automatic with around 80k miles. I had the transmission rebuilt about 8k miles ago using the new "upgraded" to ensure that the problem that plagues these transmissions doesn't come back. The car has power windows locks and a power drivers seat. It is pretty clean and has little to no rust.

I would appreciate if you guys would let me know if this is a good asking price before I list it locally.

Thanks

if you plan to sell locally visit your local regional forum and post in the regional classified ads if they are available

I think that $2500 is reasonable to sell that locally.

Just based on the low miles, that's more than reasonable.

That's some low miles for a Trans to fail... Mine in the Mystique was still fine with 116k on it when I sold it.

Yes, I think that's reasonable.

This may be unnecessary in your case, but give the car a nice wash and vacuum prior to any potential buyers looking at it. Dirt does not enhance virtual ownership during the test drive.

All the best, and good luck with the sale.

If it has new tires you might be able to fetch up to $2750. It's always good to aim a tad high, but some people will definitely lowball you. Maybe advertise and OBO price... :shrug:

Back