• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

congrats qbsvt

BrApple

No Life But CEG
glad to hear that you made it home. enjoy that 3L and if there are any more problems just post up in troubleshooting and we can see what we can do.

btw the swap took just under 12 hours from start to finish, plus an extra 20 minutes after the fact to straighten one little thing out.

This was the fast I have seen a new 3L start and come down to an idle.

now how about those 100's of pics and hours of video?

Yes, It was a pleasure to meet you and you friends. We all had a good time swapping your motor. Glad you made it home safe. How much snow did you get down your way?

it looked crazy when i stopped by there 5 people all working on the motor. congrats on the speedddddddd wish i coulda stayed and watched/helped a lil more.. so this means the next 1 will get done in 10 hours?

Congrats! I knew Greg and the gang would get it done no problem.

I almost took a drive up but I was trying to work out the bugs with my 00 SVT. It threw a crap load of codes on the way back home Saturday.

Congrats.
He hasn't posted so he must be happy and having some new found fun with all that powa.
:)

Very glad everything went well... A few bugs that needed to be worked out before Amyn left here, and a few more today that he fixed after he got home, but nothing with the motor itself. one loose bolt, a cracked UIM vacuum hose, and secondaries linkage...

He says its running great now! :)

It was great meeting you guys yesterday, and you are more than welcome back here any time!!

Again, let me know if you need anything else! :)

EVERYTHING IS AMAZING!!!!:drool::drool:

I found everything that I had 2 do very easy. Learned So much from the top dogs.

Driving back was SOOOOOOOOoooo Ghey... somebody remind me to get some TIRES with Tread!!!!!

I think Greg(aircougar) and everybody up there rigged the engine to break the Transmission cause that thing is REALLY REALLY FAST! LOL
With all the little problems that came along, They were warmly welcomed and resolved. As everybody recommended Greg to do my swap, I RECOMMEND HIM for any of your Contour Needs and for knowledge. Def a great guy 2 hang out with and i got a couple new friends. YAY:crazy:

Thanks guys for helping me with everything and taking care of my baby!

- amyn

Last edited:
i've been recommended to him by several people in his area,unfortunitaly for me..he's out of service til july'ish he told me. has other things to take care of first:cry: (mainly his cougar)

i've been recommended to him by several people in his area,unfortunitaly for me..he's out of service til july'ish he told me. has other things to take care of first:cry: (mainly his cougar)

well look at it this way, his cougar has been off the road for about 2 years now, and in that time he has worked on alot of other peoples cars except his in those 2 years.

Its about time he build his car and I for one can't wait to see how it turns out ....

Yeah, I felt bad saying "no" to you... I really enjoy helping everyone out the way I do, but enough is enough already :) I still need to find all kinds of parts for the Cougar, and get more $$$$ to finish it...

Luckily the warmer weather is going to begin to come in and you would be able to do smaller tasks outside of the garage when your car is in there to keep your pockets wealthy. I wish I could do what you do...

No garage SUCKS!!!!

- amyn

with all the broken cars greg can buy the best of EVERYTHINGGGG for his car and have everything he wants with no real cost out of his pocket.. i heard there cloneing people now, maybe we can get another greg?....

no hard feelings. you didnt say you'd NEVER do it,just not right now. which is cool. my car still runs fine:laugh:

why your pocket? store him under the hood nothing like onboard motor maintance"spell".. lol

Well I see my brain wasnt working the day I posted that! Good thinking Ill take it!

no hard feelings. you didnt say you'd NEVER do it,just not right now. which is cool. my car still runs fine:laugh:

He is worth the w8. Grab a ticket and sit down for that man! Im loving my car!

You know when it feels like when You drove a SE and then drove a CSVT. WOW what a difference!

It feels like that all over again! Im used to the speed already. Its just really hard to brake cause I go REALLY,REALLY fast!

I guess I should look into Baer Brakes now!

- amyn

Back