• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

How many boosted v6's do we have

i want the bondurant. anyone wanna trade my black 3L for a bondurant? everything is new on the underside too all it doesnt have is boost and a LSD. /begs/

i want the bondurant. anyone wanna trade my black 3L for a bondurant? everything is new on the underside too all it doesnt have is boost and a LSD. /begs/

Are you friggin serious, yeah the bondurants are RARE but dayum man.

yeah really i would. i'd run the 2.5L in it still too. it would be rebuilt and have any trans updates it needs, and have some superlegerra's added. i'd love one though.

sorry Tricker. just got it not that long ago, and dont plan on gettin rid of her.. besides, you wouldnt really want to give up the 3L for an old faded yellow 98 that was completely custom built by Roush would ya?? :laugh: and no, she'll be staying stock just because it keeps its originality that way. and besides, its not gonna get many miles put on it (only a few track days here and there)... however, if anyone wants to trade a newer nautilus kit or something of that sort for a 99' with 180k miles and a small head/ cam problem, ide be interested.:shrug:

thats pretty impressive for a regular 2.5. are you running svt cams or anything in your cougar? and is that the vortech kit off of the 3Lduratec site?

He has the original vortech kit with the shaft that goes across the front of the engine. He is also running the smallest vortech pulley to increase boost.

man not many people still have that vortec kit. i guess youre one of the lucky ones who didnt have problems with the splines breaking on the shafts, or did you already replace that?... Tricker, im in the same spot you are. in need of boost badly:cry: . hopefully by this summer i will have enough cash and spare time to get one of the nautilus kits:shrug: . i hope, at least..

I need a car worthy of boost. That Naultilus Kit is soooooo tits. Great work on that! And how the HEYDIDDLYHEYHEY did you get 400 whp, Burrita???:crazy: :drool: :crazy: :drool: :crazy: :drool: :crazy: :drool:

the CSVT internals are already forged from the factory. although not as high quality as some of the aftermarket places like diamond, still able to withstand the 16 psi or so for a pull or two on the dyno to pull off those fairly high numbers..:rolleyes: .

the CSVT internals are already forged from the factory. although not as high quality as some of the aftermarket places like diamond, still able to withstand the 16 psi or so for a pull or two on the dyno to pull off those fairly high numbers..:rolleyes: .

If you are rolling your eyes at me, then go back and read my post. I never said anything about forged or not forged internals. I just mentioned his 3L has I believe stock internals and I believe he pulled those numbers around 14psi which he used daily for a long time, not just a dyno pull or two. :rolleyes: The stock internals can up to 14psi daily with a good tune.

the pistons are cast hyperutectic. trust me i know.

IMG_1089.jpg

well i don't know about that. most of my piston went out the exhaust. the exhaust valves were found in the muffler. it was a straight through design, so i got everything out. i didnt have holes in the block though, so i guess you win! lol

well i don't know about that. most of my piston went out the exhaust. the exhaust valves were found in the muffler. it was a straight through design, so i got everything out. i didnt have holes in the block though, so i guess you win! lol

I had holes in my block :D
Found on the ground:
80056490.jpg

f49f1fb2.jpg

d73420aa.jpg

Back on topic though, I am with TRicker on the non boosted wagon :( :laugh:

Back