• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

How many boosted v6's do we have

Vortech S/C-updated jackshaft-3.12" pulley
2.5L V6 DOHC-HO SVT
157xxx on motor
0 on tranny-TH Built Eurospec MTX75 with Torsen. Sachs Super Clutch
Exhaust
Suspension
etc....

Is it running yet? I remember when you bought that from under me what... a year ago? sheesh :p

bought it from Pete. and yes its running finally. and damn. nice. Boost FTW. had a accident today with a POS hose and oil went everywhere. replacing it tomorrow with better hose...Oil hose to be exact and ill be posting vids and pix later. its not a very clean install or anything. i didnt care. im leaving for basic in 3 wks i wanted to feel boost lol. besides within the next 2 years ill be dropping in a 3L and a cleaner install of the S/C

I know who you bought it from. I tried to buy it when you took a while to send him a deposit.:crazy:

lol snooze ya loose lol. its running. just ran into that oil line problem and will be fixed tomorrow. i did experience the greatness of boostage today so im happy

Hope to have boost and the tour by next year. I drove Rays:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: and ever since I have wanted a boosted tour of my own. I want to build up a svt from the ground up.

i will be boosted as well come mid spring/ early summer with my own custom kit and with a t3/t4 50 trim or 57 trim....not sure yet though on which to use

I will soon...just waiting for Joey to complete the kit. :)

Here is your kit before I wrap the hot pipes with the header wrap and the the pipes too. All goes well it will be out Monday beware heavy box........lol

enjoy it Paul see you at SZ 2008

PDR_2794.jpg

Needs bigger intercooler :D.

Aaron

3.5" x 6" x 27" is the upgraded one that flows 350whp ++ 7 inch^3 flow area (which is his but you can't see depth)
2.5" x 6" x 26" is the base one that put down 280whp 5 inch^3 flow area

these are vein port area which is only the place air flows through the cooling surface is the same with about 10% more on the upgraded on temp charge and 26% more on flow capacity

and the one you are getting is 9 inch^3 flow area which needs some mods to fit Aaron
and the one on my car top to bottom flow is 12 inch^3 of flow area :) it will flow beyond 700whp if needed
now remember a 3" pipe has 7 inch^3 of air flow too
and a 2.5" has 5 inch^3 of air flow
and a 2" has 3.14 inch^3 of air flow

and one thing is to remember you have a 25% more resistance of airflow when you are adding more walls like a intercooler veins so that must estimated when figuring in pressure drop Joey

:drool: :drool: :drool:

can't wait to get the rest of my kit :laugh:

btw Joey do you have install instructions written up? if so could you email them to me so I can look at them ahead of time?

Thanks for the info Joey. SInce you're the owner I'll let you have the bigger intercooler and settle for the one I'm getting :crazy: .

Aaron

Here is your kit before I wrap the hot pipes with the header wrap and the the pipes too. All goes well it will be out Monday beware heavy box........lol

enjoy it Paul see you at SZ 2008

Looks awesome! The ss looks sweet...I can't wait to get started :)

Back