• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

How many boosted v6's do we have

TRicker

Hard-core CEG'er
if you have a boosted 2.5L or 3L contour/cougar, post it up here!

dyno numbers/ unique parts/ etc are cool to add too! i kinda wanna know who's got what and then see if i can do something a tiny bit different for fun

Mine is....

2.5 stock motor w/70k miles, stock headers w/precats, stock exhaust after turbo kit (no main cat), 160 deg thermostat, spec stg II clutch, 24lb injectors, nautilus intercooled kit, 57mm Precision w/.63 a/r, type-S BOV and 38mm WG dump to atmosphere, turbo smart MBC, all hot piping wrapped, running base kit tune using SCT Xcal2, and AEM wideband.

at 8 psi it put down around 260hp/240tq, can't exactly remember.

Last edited:
2004 escape 3L with svt cams
n.p.g t3/t4 turbo and upgraded intercooler
80mm MAF
spec stage 3+
ford racing guages...
too many to list. i'll head to the dyno shop soon as my fuel issues are sorted out.

I'll post for Steebs... :)

My old T Red SVT 3L turbo.

- 3L block and heads with upgraded escape oil pan, clevite tri metal rod bearings, and SVT cams. Port matched heads to mate up to SVT LIM and UIM.

- NPG turbo kit with upgraded t3/t4 60 trim masterpower turbo, upgraded FMIC, 42lb injectors, turbo xs rfl type H BOV, tial 38mm wastegate and the list goes on and on.

If your including nitrous I have:

-Zex kit 75 shot
-remote bottle opener
-bottle heater
-purge kit
-Autometer nitrous pressure gauge
-Ford Racing 9mm wires
-NGK TR6 plugs
-Unorthodox racing UDP
-MSDS Headers 2.5'" pipe high flow cat and a Twister muffler
-Injen intake
-Fidanza flywheel
-Spec stage 3+
-AEM wideband

I don't have any dyno numbers yet I'm waiting to get the diablo flip chip (supposed to get one from a member here) then I'll get my car tuned. Oh this is on a 2.5L.

Last edited:
For the time being:

Enigine:
03 3L with 2 k miles, everything replaced, Diamond forged pistons 9:1 CR
mild port on heads (oval), cleaned behind valves, ST200 springs, 3L cams.
Split port 3L LIM ported to oval, bigger than 98SVT LIM, 3L UIM aluminum spilt port, custom ported, 65mm GT TB ported to 69mm. EGR looks to be one...not functional.
Delphi 42# injectors, 80mm Lightning MAF, 255 lph (high pressue) intake pump from Mustang.
Transmission:
replaced in late 03 with rebult 00 tranny, Quaife LSD, now has a SPEC stage 3 clutch (02/06) and has lighweight Spec flywheel. GCK HD axles, custom cougar's shifter.

Turbo kit:
MSDS headers, custom up and downpipe. T3/T4 turbo 60-1 .82 A/R exhaust side. 2.5 downpipe into 3in at cat location. Spearco 700 cfm IC core, Kenne Bell heat exchanger, custom reservoir, Lightning IC pump.

I will soon...just waiting for Joey to complete the kit. :)

I'm glad the ride you took in my car at SZ talked you into it :crazy: :cool:

Oh,

Nautilus kit
Stock 2.5 with 13x,xxx

7.5psi (262whp / 248wtq)
11psi (I dont know #'s but it sure is fun)

Check out nautilusperformance.com for vids.

Last edited:
Most of the info is in my sig.,

04 Taurus 3L, Ported Heads (just intake and exhaust ports), Garrett GT3076R Duel Ball Bearing Turbo .82 A/R, ADC Turbo Plumbing, TiAL 38mm wastegate routed back into exhaust, HKS SSQV BOV, 39lb/hr Injectors form SVT Cobra, 80MM Lightning MAF, Tuned by Warmonger, 3" SS exhaust, Small ADC water to air intercooler.

A complete blast to drive even at 5-6psi. Still roasts the tires when boost hits on into 3rd. Intercooler becomes noticable bottleneck at high rpms so I won't even bother upping to boost until I get a larger intercooler.

263HP/272TQ @ ~3800RPM, 6 psi. Due to the small intercooler the HP and TQ fell on its face after the secondaries opened up and the motor needed to breath.

hopefully this year

hopefully by SZ

Nautilus Kit
2.5 stock motor(for now) w/94k miles
headers
Trubendz Borla Resonated Catback
spec stg III+ clutch
42lb injectors
upgraded intercooler
Precision Turbo, .63 A/R
BOV-RFL
WG will be recirculated