• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

More snow?!?!

MAZDASPEED

Hard-core CEG'er
WTF....it was almost all gone too!

Winter Storm Watch:

Issued at: 4:52 PM EST 1/12/08, expires at: 1:00 AM EST 1/13/08

Winter storm watch in effect from late Sunday night through monday evening.

The NWS in taunton has issued a winter storm watch, which is in effect from late Sunday night through Monday evening.
This winter storm watch is for all of massachusetts except the cape and islands, all of rhode island including block island, northern connecticut, and southwest new hampshire. Significant snow accumulations are possible with very poor visibility Monday morning.

A winter storm watch is issued for the potential of accumulating snow of 6 or more inches in a 12 hour period or 8 or more inches in a 24 hour period. Anyone traveling in the next 24 to 36 hours should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to modify travel plans should winter weather develop.

:( :(

I think it will make everything look good again... White = better than mud...
I opened up all the windows in my apartment today. Wonderful cross-breeze going through. It smelled like spring outside ... so good!!!

I'm glad it will snow again ... just wish I had AWD or winter tires. Next year definitely!

Of course I didn't think winter was over, I just wish that I could have had one day to pull the car out of the garage and limp it around the neighborhood without getting it covered in muck. With the pregnant and due in April, I fear our last ride together in the Miata has come and gone....for a while at least.

I'm actually pretty excited. I have to work tomorrow from noon to 6. This means that barely anyone will be coming in to shop ;). Hooray for bored-ness!

I'm :mad: I was watching the weather channel and they said Manchester, NH is going to get 8 TO 14 INCHES of snow by Monday evening!

We're getting a measly 3 to 6. :( All I want is a real snowfall, we really haven't had any this year. Some sleet and freezing rain, that's all so far.

Of course going out to play in the snow isn't as much fun in a cam walker (I'm in a boot cast)...hmm, or maybe it will be. :D

I'll be more than happy to take 6 or 8 from you guys. LOL!

I think it's because I moved here this year. I've been wanting a decent winter for the past 5 years or so. Yes, the world revolves around me. :p

It's nice that we'll be getting so much, but it's going to occur right around the morning commute! I'm dreading going in tomorrow.

I get to drive 68 mi to work in it!!! Wow, lucky me.

I might not go. I commute with a guy who drives a Jeep Cherokee, so if he doesn't go I won't. It will end up being a 3 hr drive.
For those of you in NH. I drive from exit 4 on North 93 to exit 24 in Ashland!!

25 minute drive to work turned into an hour.

Just ask me how excited I am to be here. There are exactly TWO people in my entire office right now. Me, and the receptionist. Woo.

i am actually amazed at how many people are at my office today.
of course i have no excuse to not come in, i could walk to work if i had to.

it just sucks to have to shovel/snow blow first thing in the morning and then go into work.

i was loving the fact that i could almost access my garage, not now.

I'm :mad: I was watching the weather channel and they said Manchester, NH is going to get 8 TO 14 INCHES of snow by Monday evening!

We're getting a measly 3 to 6. :( All I want is a real snowfall, we really haven't had any this year. Some sleet and freezing rain, that's all so far.

Of course going out to play in the snow isn't as much fun in a cam walker (I'm in a boot cast)...hmm, or maybe it will be. :D

I'll be more than happy to take 6 or 8 from you guys. LOL!

Hahahaha :p

One foot of snow FTW!

looks like we got about 4 to 6 inches here .... its also a very wet snow, its sticking to everything, like the fences outside the building are covered on snow and you almost can't see through them.

Saw three accidents on the way to work today.

Out of 9 people in my group: 5 are working from home, one called out, 3 are here. (the ones that don't have remote access...)

oh I almost forgot, I think a large transformer or a pole was hit somewhere on my way into work this morning ... I all of the sudden see this very bright blue flash that lite up the whole sky, it happened about 4 or 5 times spaced apart. for a few minutes some of the homes I pasted where dark, then I started seeing some light and noticed a flood light turn on at a house as I passed it. I noticed that the last flash I saw seemed to be behind me to my left, first one was in front off to my left.

I called out today. There was too much crap on the cars and streets this morning before leaving.

School was closed but the district wasn't, so I just used a snow day (sick day).

transformer explosions are sweet to watch!
i saw one explode years ago during a really bad rain storm.
i saw it from over 3 blocks away and it lit up the sky with an eerie blue color.

transformer explosions are sweet to watch!
i saw one explode years ago during a really bad rain storm.
i saw it from over 3 blocks away and it lit up the sky with an eerie blue color.

thats what it must have been, the sky lite up a bright blue, it was just enoung to illuminate everything, there was also a white flash like lightening, it also wasn't anywhere near me but took power out all around as this was across the river in Suffield and my apartment lost power in Enfield

The other day, along the North Shore (of Lake Superior) they got 3 feet of snow in spots. :laugh: Suckers.

Back