• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Custom Cougars Cold Air Extension

rbeebe

CEG'er
Hey guys,
I was wondering how many different applications the Custom Cougars Cold Air Extension had on different platforms. Meaning how many different makes and models is the kit compatible to? Thanks in advance for the help.

well, what do you want to put it on? the bends are specifically designed for the cougar(obviously). it wasnt all that hard to install on my contour. i relocated my battery and made a bracket to relocate the fuse panel 3 inches to the left.

Theres a CC CAI extension on Ebay right now..Search SVT Contour it was on the last page IIRC.. If your looking for one..

well, what do you want to put it on? the bends are specifically designed for the cougar(obviously). it wasnt all that hard to install on my contour. i relocated my battery and made a bracket to relocate the fuse panel 3 inches to the left.

While it was designed on a Cougar the engine bay isn't any different than the Contour so that shouldn't make a difference. The bumper and fender areas are slightly different but it will fit in either car.

While it was designed on a Cougar the engine bay isn't any different than the Contour so that shouldn't make a difference. The bumper and fender areas are slightly different but it will fit in either car.

i know that. i wasnt saying that its any more difficult to install on a contour. its just that most of the owners on here never installed theirs properly. i know of two right now that dont have their fuse panels mounted to anything. if you want it done right, its going to take some creative thinking.

not really,i just tucked mine under the battery tray..and if the battery is relocated or smaller than the oem nothing really needs to be done. as far as what else it will fit...the probe gt/mx6 ls. the bends are nearly identical to the cold air intake available for them
icon_thumb.gif

i have pictures of my old cc cai on my 93 pgt

Last edited:
Yes, I am the culprit selling the item on ebay. LOl. I was just wondering what to put in the title spot to help get the most hits on a search, i had a lapse in judgement and didnt place the cougar name on there, and i didnt know about the probe. Thanks for the info!

Back