• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

DVD workshop manual

I remember reading a while back where someone was complaining that their Ford Service DVD was not able to display electical diagrams. I can't find the thread anymore but found the answer to the problem on another forum.
The problem is that some of the file\folder names got cut short on the iso. There are three things that need to be renamed in the .iso file:
Data\Database should be Data\Databases
Stock\Bookworl.jpg should be Stock\Bookworld.jpg
Stock\White_Sp.gif should be Stock\White_Space.gif
Fix these three things, and the wiring diagrams will load just fine (as will the two missing pictures on the main menu). You will need an iso editor, like WinISO, to make the changes before you burn or mount the image or copy the contents of your dvd to a new folder, rename the files as specified, reburn the files to a new DVD and re-install. You now have access to all the missing components.

Yeah, I found that last month originally posted on one of the Taurus forums.

That problem had been bugging me for a looooooong time. Nice to have it fixed finally.

With a virtual DVD/CD drive setup, I now have the whole library online. I just wish I could find a way to disable the expiration date check within the software....

Steve

Yeah, I found that last month originally posted on one of the Taurus forums.

That problem had been bugging me for a looooooong time. Nice to have it fixed finally.

With a virtual DVD/CD drive setup, I now have the whole library online. I just wish I could find a way to disable the expiration date check within the software....

Steve

:confused: I don't have that problem.. what do you use, and maybe I can help.

Ray,

The original Ford dealers disks expire a year from issuance. The work-around is to set the system calendar back to before the expiration date.

The problem that the original poster described was due to the way the original DVD files were ripped from their source disks. Apparently, whoever did it used an application that did not correctly handle long file names, so the copies that have been circulating the net for several years (most of which were sourced via :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:.com at the time) all have had the the same fault accessing the wiring diagrams due to the folder name having been truncated.

Steve

I suppose I should clarify:

The CDs do not expire. The DVDs were not produced with expiration dates until around '04 or so (production date, not necessarily the application date). For example, the 04-05 disk is the first of my set that has this expiration feature.

Steve

This would be why I had no knowledge of this problem. None of mine are new enough, apparently, as I've had them for years and years.

Hah!

I ran a cross a solution to the expiring DVDs today so I thought I'd mention it.

Found a freeware program called "runasdate" that allows you to run an "expired" program by supplying it with a valid date.

No more setting the system date back and then forgetting about it.

Sweet!

Steve

Depending on how the program keeps track of the date (if its a registry entry that is hidden) then you can use a program called" Trial-Reset" which scans the registry for the hidden hashes that include date info or "number of uses left" info for any program you have then removes it.

Back