• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Focus SVT MAF HOUSING ON CSVT???

1fastfucus

CEG'er
Well i ordered a short ram intake for my CSVT and I just dont like how the MAF adapter mates up to the stock Contour MAF (the inlet is almost a full inch smaller than the inlet on the stock maf)

I have the maf housing from my focus svt and the maf sensor bolts right in (but there is no center section in the housing.. just strait through). It seems to be the same through diameter. Has anyone used the Focus MAF housing on their contour svt?

My focus outgrew the stock maf a LOOONG time ago so this is just sitting around and looks like it would fit nice.

-Rick

Well i ordered a short ram intake for my CSVT and I just dont like how the MAF adapter mates up to the stock Contour MAF (the inlet is almost a full inch smaller than the inlet on the stock maf)

I have the maf housing from my focus svt and the maf sensor bolts right in (but there is no center section in the housing.. just strait through). It seems to be the same through diameter. Has anyone used the Focus MAF housing on their contour svt?

My focus outgrew the stock maf a LOOONG time ago so this is just sitting around and looks like it would fit nice.

-Rick

Since that housing is meant to be designed around that maf sensor tune. Yours is not. So the removal of the bar adds more air into the system. Thus making the car run leaner resulting in non balanced fuel/air mixture in the combustion chamber. To prove this a dyno is needed.

Just make sure your car doesn't get detonation on top end (pinging noise).

I could use my xcal2 from my fSVT to datalog the CSVT right? I pulled codes off it b4 but im pretty sure you can datalog any OBD2 Ford w/ it. If I swap maf housing and take it for a ride... and say log for detonation... If all seems well I would be good right?

I just know when I maxed out my MAF on the Fsvt is was a PITA to get the new MAF tuned in right.. dont wanna have to dyno ANOTHER car.

I could use my xcal2 from my fSVT to datalog the CSVT right? I pulled codes off it b4 but im pretty sure you can datalog any OBD2 Ford w/ it. If I swap maf housing and take it for a ride... and say log for detonation... If all seems well I would be good right?

I just know when I maxed out my MAF on the Fsvt is was a PITA to get the new MAF tuned in right.. dont wanna have to dyno ANOTHER car.

Well make sure to read your fuel curves with the stock maf on. Then read them with the fsvt maf housing. The fsvt housing will make your car run leaner for sure. Just how lean is where maybe the xcal can answer.

I think it will be fine, get some extra mpg of gas. I don't know how lean it will be at top end. That is where i would be scared.

Again only a reader could answer these questions.

IDK if the xcal will work on your car also. Give it a try.

Well im going to record a log of TPS, MAF COUNT, RPM with the stock maf housing then the FSVT housing.. and then compair

I figure if the maf count isnt too far off it should be all right.. I use an AEM UEGO Wideband on my Fsvt and import it as an AUX input while logging. Thats the only way I have ever monitored A/F Ratios.

What parameter should I log to see if I am leaning out high in the rpms since the wideband isnt installed in the Csvt?

Back