• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

No BS

contourspd98

Veteran CEG'er
Thought that I would show some pictures of what is probably the only contour with over 300,000 miles... No pictures of the car now, I will have some tomorrow to whore her condition.

Keep in mind that this is an original engine from the factory... It has eaten its fair share of atx's but still ticking away.
Dsc00052.jpg

AHH. The fury of extreme acceleration... I can't even hold the camera still.
Dsc00058.jpg

Dsc00059.jpg

Dsc00060.jpg

Dsc00066.jpg

Dsc00070.jpg

Dsc00068.jpg

Dsc00073.jpg

Last edited:
if its a pre98 zetec that doesnt surprise me, have you seen the rod bearing caps on those things :shocked:

I bet it sounds like a friggan diesel motor though with how many miles are on those lifters.

if its a pre98 zetec that doesnt surprise me, have you seen the rod bearing caps on those things :shocked:

I bet it sounds like a friggan diesel motor though with how many miles are on those lifters.
No... Its a early 1998. Made before january whatever. It makes a little ruckus when started in the cold... More like someone on crack sending morse code... I think it secretely tells me that it wants to die.. Either that or it wants me to die.

No... Its a early 1998. Made before january whatever. It makes a little ruckus when started in the cold... More like someone on crack sending morse code... I think it secretely tells me that it wants to die.. Either that or it wants me to die.

there is a zetec for sale in the classifieds with 30K miles, for only $200

if I lived closer that thing would be sitting in my mom's garage on a stand right now.

there is a zetec for sale in the classifieds with 30K miles, for only $200

if I lived closer that thing would be sitting in my mom's garage on a stand right now.

I could be coerced into delivering it, once we fix my wife's truck. Only thing is, gas to MI = :eek: . That's where you live, right AJ?

Classic. Mine rattles like the same crackhead. It has a seizure every time I turn it over. And then farts.

So, of these 326,XXX miles, how many are actually from you? If you tell me you got the car new...I'll be impressed. :) Tell me is was at 310,XXX, then...not so impressed ;)

No I didn't get the car new... I also didn't get the car with 310,000.. When I purcchased the car it had a little over 290,000... That was in may of 2005 IIRC.

Back