• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Love my job! how bout you?

Well I've already had a job for two years drawing septic system plans. It helps A LOT to know how to use CAD :). The thing is that I need a year-round job to keep even while I'm not in school, like a retail job. I can easily quit the retail job as soon as I'm out of college and get a REAL job :)

It still can't hurt for you to look for work in your field to do on the same part time schedule as your retail job.
Check out your college's career development center to see if they have anything available.
The more experience in your field that you have under your belt before you graduate, the better your chances of landing a great job when you finally graduate.
Employers are going to look for that. It'll give you that edge over students that graduate with zero experience under their belt.

I know what you mean though. It is hard to find a job that's relevant and still go to school full time.

I've already talked around and am going to be sending out some e-mails this week/next week to companies about this summer. Tighe & Bond looks like a pretty good possibility :). Well, I hope, anyways :p.

Greetings from Oregon! where studded tires are allowed and carrying tire chains is a way of life.

It'll give you that edge over students that graduate with zero experience under their belt.

The latter sounds like me after college... hence I decided to stay in school and apprenticeship for, oh, 10 more years and get my first real job at 32. :rolleyes:

Going back to ctmystique's question about loving my job: Yes I do, but boy was today rough. My rotation today was reading Pap smears, and I didn't think I would ever say this, but I was actually getting tired of looking at poon because there were just so many cases. :D ;) :D The best case history of the day, though, came with a Pap from a 49-year-old "woman" with a neo-vagina... didn't realize those were prone to HPV-related malignancies, but I guess I do now. :shrug:

Anyway, I definitely miss you folks. There are a number of well-kept Contiques over here (no road salt in the county budget, baby!), but it seems no one from southern OR is on CEG.

Po - GrooveNerd is out there somewhere. I haven't seen him around lately though. He drove to Spring Zing in 2006.

I just got the test plan for a new project we're working on. It has all the team and roles listed out. All of my coworkers' roles are "QA Engineer," but I saw mine was different: "OR QA SME."

Order Routing QA Subject Matter Expert.

It made me feel good :)

I just got the test plan for a new project we're working on. It has all the team and roles listed out. All of my coworkers' roles are "QA Engineer," but I saw mine was different: "OR QA SME."

Order Routing QA Subject Matter Expert.

It made me feel good :)

so I take it that is a step above a QA engineer? if so make sure you get a raise for that ... like I went from a jumior engineer to a lead engineer and got a raise for it :laugh:

Sadly it has nothing to do with job status or compensation. It is just a roll status for this project. But things are already in place for that other thing you mention. ;)

I'm transferring to the Amherst Big Y while at school this semester :). Hopefully I get will get some new training to work in the safe (working with all the money that we made the previous day and balancing everything :cool: ). That would give me even another raise :D.

Back