• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Part Number?

jca1980

CEG'er
Yesterday the little link that connects the throttle cable assembly to the throttle body assembly broken. As a result i have lost about 75% of the stroke of the gas pedal. If the pedal is pushed eventually the two parts engage physically.

The link is about 1" long and has a thru' hole on both ends for connection to pins. Its retained with e-clips.

Any idea what the part number is for this think?
Has anyone else experienced this?

What good is the picture? I'm sure he knows where it is and what it looks like if he is describing it for you. And I'm sure he knows he can order it from Bill or somewhere else. So I'm sure that's why he is asking for the part number. Maybe it's just me, but that's a pretty useless reply.

As you do not have 50 posts, you do not have the priviledge of posting a classified ad WTB on this site. You may want to check out the classifieds to see who may be parting out their car. Also, put a link in your signature so that someone who happen to see and have it might want to consider selling. One other thing, check the local forums classifieds too. I located a part in a local forums classifieds and PM'd the CEG to get the part.

Good luck and do try the junk yards.

Link to our classifieds.
http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/forumdisplay.php?f=32

Last edited:
Back