• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Contemplating selling the 99 'Stique

Kyledriver83

Be Gentle I'm New Here
Hey all,
I haven't been on here in ages. I recently moved from Colorado to Oregon five months ago, but my heavily modified Silver 1999 Mystique LS is still lurking in the snow of Colorado. I'm toying with the idea of selling it, but I've put so much darn work into her it kinda feels like blasphemy! Also, I'm not sure what kind of $$$ I might get for it. It's got 69,000 miles on it and the body is in decent shape (couple of dings).

Here are the Mods I can remember off the top of my head:
S+B Powerstack cone filter, alluminum intake tube, Pro-Flo M.A.F., Superchip, DMD, B&M Shortshifter, Optimized Throttle Body, Bosal Dual exhaust, Eibach Springs w/ ST220 struts (lowered 1.25"), Enkei RS6 17" rims, SVT body kit, Painted rear-reflector, Mesh grills (front/rear), Knauberized, Indiglo gauges, Yellow-top Optima battery, and an absolutely killer Alpine sound system.

So what do you all think? Should I sell my baby, or should I figure a way to bring it to Oregon?
Feedback much appreciated.

KBB is $4,225.00 You would be lucky to get BB value since the used car market is flooded with cheap cars, do to the zero interest deals that are out there for new cars. $3500 would be a good sell, but its up to you if the car is worth more in money, or to have a low mileage ride in OR. The market for Mucury is kinda small, but with all the mods and low mileage, sounds like a keeper to me. I just bought a car on Monday, BB value was $4,700 and I got it for $2500, mint, low mileage. It was a rich cabin car from Vail. Its cleaner then all the cars I have ever owned. That was a dealer lot though, just kind of idea what the market is like. Best of luck and welcome back. -B.

Selling the car now

Selling the car now

Yup, I'm selling my baby :-(
It's posted in the classified section if anyone in the Southwest area is interested.

Back