• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

test pipe vs. high flow cat

RandyCSVT

Hard-core CEG'er
I have used a test pipe before and had to switch back to stock cat, because I did not like the foul smell. Does anybody know if high flow cats smell? I know they flow better, but if they stink just as bad I would stay away from them.

Thanks for the help in advance. Just debating whether or not I want to get hi flow cats or test pipes for my car.

I have a trubendz test pipe with high flow cat on my car and haven't noticed any different smell in the exhaust.

have to figure, it stock or aftermarket the purpose of the cat is to "clean" the exhaust so they should work the same ...

I just replaced my trubendz test pipe with a trubendz high flow Cat. I didn't really notice the smell until you mentioned it (I guess because I had the test pipe for so long i got used to it), but now that I think about it the smell is gone. Go for it.

I can't stand the smell, and it hurts the environment. There is no way that stink is coming out of my CTS-V!

Thanks for the help guys. I just wanted to confirm.

mine made you feel high if you had the windows down for more than about 2 hours, i took a few long drives and got sick, so the cat went back on.

the "stink" is really noticeable when you add headers into the mix

It sure is. LOL!

After installing the headers and high flow cat on the 98, I was sitting at a traffic light when I started smelling exhaust fumes. I thought to myself; someone's car stinks and then realized it was mine. :D :laugh:

I only smell the fumes if my windows are open and i'm under full throttle for couple of gears,othe than that i never smell it...but i love how the test pipe woke up my borla exhaust:drool: pure sex!!i'm sure when i put headers on i'll go back to the stock cat or a high flow unit.

Back