• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

anyone looking for a porter cable 7424?

BrApple

No Life But CEG
if so check out tools-plus.com as its the cheapest that I have found anywhere online.

The big deal is they have a store in Waterbury CT so you can avoid shipping charges. Didn't have long to look but the store has just about every tool you could think of. Have to go back to just look around.

oh yeah, website says they are out of stock but they just got 2 thousand in on Friday (12/28/2007)

dang!!
i was putting off getting one of these, but i might just have to now.
Brian you got a PM

pm replied to ...

to anyone else outside of CT thats interested in picking one up I think its best that you just order from the web site unless you want to drive down to the show room and check the place out. In the show room you are going to pay $6 in sales tax and if you check out the website shipping is $6.50 UPS ground. In New England UPS ground will arrive in three days at the most. Also there would be no sales tax for orders sent outside of CT.

i've driven by that place a million times and somehow i've never stopped in there to look around. always end up going to sears for tools.

i've driven by that place a million times and somehow i've never stopped in there to look around. always end up going to sears for tools.

its not a sears type place, setup and feel of the store is more for the industrial sdie then the home user, at least thats how it felt when I was in the store briefly

Brian, Is this the everyday price? I didnt find anything that said sale. Have you picked up a velcro backer or pads? if so from where? I was going to ask for one for my birthday but, it looks like i might be getting me one myself. :cool:

Last edited:
Brian, Is this the everyday price? I didnt find anything that said sale. Have you picked up a velcro backer or pads? if so from where? I was going to ask for one for my birthday but, it looks like i might be getting me one myself. :cool:

well the website still days $99 so I am going to say its there everyday price. I also went with Meguirs backing plate and pads from autogeek.net.

Back