• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Traded in the MS6

ChattavegasSE

Hard-core CEG'er
I dropped off my MS6 today and picked up a 2008 Hyundai Sonata. I don't know what engine or transmission is in it, but it'll be a good beater while my MS6 is in the shop. ;)

Cant beat that right..My buddy had his F-250 in for new head gaskets and they gave him another 250 Gas tho..Said we couldnt pull with it but we did..

I broke it. The rear went out; either an axle or the diff. Turns out there is an open recall for the rear end. So I guess a little of both. :shrug:

They're gonna fix everything under warranty. Hopefully they'll even put a clutch in it; since it smells and slips already at just 28k miles. :(

If I wanted a car to baby, I would've bought the Hyundai loaner I've got now. I bought the Mazdaspeed 6 so it would be able to handle my kicking its ass all the time. :crazy:

They're gonna fix everything under warranty. Hopefully they'll even put a clutch in it; since it smells and slips already at just 28k miles. :(

If I wanted a car to baby, I would've bought the Hyundai loaner I've got now. I bought the Mazdaspeed 6 so it would be able to handle my kicking its ass all the time. :crazy:
When we waited for Kim's Mazda 6 to come in, they gave us a Hyundai loaner car. That thing took the beating of it's life and then some. :laugh:

I called the shop today. They can't figure out what's wrong with it. The service writer said one of the techs told him he learned at MazdaSpeed School that sometimes the AWD's do that; it's normal. :rolleyes: He said they have a few other things to try before they can completely say they don't know what's wrong. I guess it's normal for an axle to come out of the diff and slap the bottom of the car on hard acceleration. :crazy:

I called the shop today. They can't figure out what's wrong with it. The service writer said one of the techs told him he learned at MazdaSpeed School that sometimes the AWD's do that; it's normal. :rolleyes: He said they have a few other things to try before they can completely say they don't know what's wrong. I guess it's normal for an axle to come out of the diff and slap the bottom of the car on hard acceleration. :crazy:

Hey are you over on mazda247.com?

No. I post a little on the Street Unit forums since they've got a big online store.

ah ok im on SU as well. Same screen name.. I'm sure you have seen my stupid ass in the shout box. I'm king of the shout box according to everyone over their. lol

Update! Originally, the shop thought nothing was wrong; just fancy car quirks. I whooped and hollered and told them something was broke. So the shop foreman sent the car home with the head tech. Told him it's his now; beat it up, find out if something's really wrong. The tech got about 1/2 way home and called a roll-back. The left rear axle broke; completely. As best I can figure (without seeing the actual part yet), I damaged one or both of the CV joints in the left rear axle. The extended test drive the tech went on finished off one of those joints and the axle hit the ground.

So they've ordered a new axle and it should be buttoned up Tuesday. :)

Back