• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

hole in 98+ fender ...

BrApple

No Life But CEG
can you get to these by removing the wheel well liner? I need to install side markers and if you can get in there this way I will put the side marker on now then the light soon after instead of all at once ... basically I don't want to leave the whole in the fender open to long

Here's the How-to but it doesn't really specificy...:shrug: I'd say you could, but it talks about a hole by the hood-hinge, which sounds easier. How about I stop talking and let somebody who knows what they're doing talk instead... :troutslap:

well I took a flash light the other night and put it near the fender liner and i was able to see light through the side marker whole ... this is a mute point now as I wanted to install the side marker now but run the wires later, so I wouldn't be able to use a coat hanger to run the wires to the whole in the fender. this would also be easier since the whole in the engine bay is well infront of the side marker ...

The foam insert is easily removable. Once removed, you can see the hole. But, to remove the foam, you need to remove the wheel well liner.

I have a dumb question. When you guys are hooking up these side markers, are you hooking it up to a blinker or just the regular running lights? I was wondering because the person that had this car before me put in those ghey a$$ squirter lights... I have since removed the lights, but still have the wires. If the side markers don't act as additional turn signals then I may just wire them there.... get rid of that stupid 24v plaque on the sides of my car....

It depends on whether you want parking lights, turn signals, or both. When I installed mine, I ran the wiring from the parking lights AND turn signals. However, only the leads from the parking lights are currently hooked up, as I can't find the necessary resistors/diodes in this town for the combo wiring. If all you want is parking lights, then you should be able to just use wiring you have. If you want them to double as turn signals too, you'll have to run additional wiring.

I just wiggled my hook-wire around until I could see it in the outer fender hole. Attached my wiring to it, and pulled it on through into the engine bay. The passenger side was much harder to do than the driver's, thanks to the power steering reservoir.

Same here. Pretty easy job.

Back