• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Roadtrip '07

kidSVT

CEG'er
So after 5 months of waiting, i've finally got some pictures from my buddy from our road trip this summer. Here are a bunch of my favorites from the trip. we drove from PA-CA, took 3 days with a full day stop in Colorado. The purpose of the trip was to see our friend compete in the Visa Cup USA Gymnastics championships, in San Jose. And its kinda funny, he is the whole point of use going out there, and we only have like 3 pictures of him. but ANYWAY, enjoy :) i'll have a few more posted of scenery and such later.

My favorite: (coulda been a calender pic :confused:)
DSC_0347.jpg

DSC_0343.jpg

DSC_0367.jpg

me and my baby:
DSC_0352.jpg

fillin up:
DSC_0335.jpg

San Fransico bridge
DSC_0309.jpg

Idaho:
DSC_0370.jpg

South dakota maybe?
DSC_0434.jpg

DSC_0433.jpg

Yellow Stone National Park:
DSC_0381.jpg

My 2nd Favorite, minus the bugs on the bumper.. couldn't help that
DSC_0410.jpg

Bonny Dune, CA
n8214431_34157448_8695.jpg

Thats all for now, I know i need a rear mesh, which i have now :laugh: and i know the SVT sticker on the trunk looks terrible, and that is taken care off also, it was not my doing i promise!

cross country road trips are always fun. I've been coast to coast 5 times now (not to mention the untold half-way trips or random 2,000 mile rides) and it is always a blast.
And every time I go out I come home with a different look on things and perspective in general.

It frustrates me sometimes to look back at friends from home only to realize they have literally never gone farther than the county lines. There is so much to see and be exposed to in this world than life inside your trailer park or subdivision. I've only got the states above New York to visit and I'll have been to all of the states in the union and all of North America.

Nice! A good road trip yields awesome times and fun memories.

69Boss302, agreed. I've always wanted to do a good road trip with friends. The only time my friends went on any road trip outside of New England was the same week I was driving to MI for SZ 07.

This is a pic of the bugs on mine somewhere in Ohio after picking it up in San Jose.

lol, sorry about the bridge mix up... ment to say Golden Gate. i was really reallly tired!

And the spoiler was not my doing! i bought it like that, but it is growing on me.. sorry. but have contemplated taking it off, even though i'm problably not going to, not until i'm a lil older :laugh:

looks like fun, wish i could ahve taken my SVT on my honeymoon/roadtrip, but oh well!

nice wing too BTW! LOL

Looks like fun bro.

How did you guys cope w/the exhaust for that many miles? Any car w/a modified exhaust is not a good car to take a road trip, imo. It gets real annoying, real fast. Most I could bare was Detroit to Chicago and at the end I wanted to get the eff out of my tour. This is w/resonator, still annoyed me. Perhaps, I'm alone on this one? :shrug:

Back