• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

First Cars

1990 Mustang GT.

Blue with the grey bottom.
Reminds me of my dad's '87 GT (pic taken in '88):
1987GT.jpg

My first car ('68 fastback w/390):
1968Mustang_firstcar.jpg

I am actually looking for that style Camaro (3rd gen) to purchase. Awesome body stlye. I want a hardtop, but most that I have found are T-tops.

Last edited:
1987 honda accord...the second one is much more interesting though.

Car number two - 1968 Barracuda, still with me. :)

1991 Dogde Dynasty v6 3.3L (meant nothing back to me back then)

Dont hate... :p

I am actually looking for that style Camaro (3rd gen) to purchase. Awesome body stlye. I want a hardtop, but most that I have found are T-tops.

They are sleak if you keep em clean, but I hope you wouldn't want it as a daily driver, maybe drag car? :shrug:

1988 Ford Mustang 5.0 LX 5 speed. God, I miss that car! :cry: I still kick myself for selling it, but it wasn't a practical car for a 16 year old (RWD gas guzzler) so I forced myself to sell. It was in amazing shape when I sold it.

mustang.jpg

First car was a '95 Contour GL. Bought 9/97 with 27k on the clock. Drove it pretty much into the ground. "Sold" it to my wife for $1 when she wanted to get rid of her 94 Cavalier RS, and I had just picked up my SVT (first stick) from MonkeyBiz. It gave up around 120k on the clock. :(

The CSVT was sold to TurboFox 9/06.

Bought the 'Stang 2/07 and picked it up 4/1/07. My first *new* car. :)

1987 Ford Taurus MT-5 Wagon.

It had a slightly modified Tempo 2.3 HSC four-cylinder with a longer stroke specific to Taurus applications, providing 2.5 liters. It was no barnburner, but the torque peak was at 2600 RPM, and every shift would land you in the heart of the powerband. It also sported very tall gearing, pulling about 3100 RPM at 90 MPH. At a more reasonable speed, it achieved a record high of 32.6 miles per gallon.

What's more, it also sported black 7-inch wide racing stripes, set 7 inches apart, spanning the entire length of the car. This, combined with white letter tires, a Covercraft bra, and foglights mounted under the bumper, made for quite an imposing visage. It was a great car, and I really liked being able to change the oil filter standing up -- it was reachable from underhood. Ran her almost 182,000 miles. :cool:

My "first" car was a rusted out 84 buick century ltd that I got for free from my godmother when she bought a brand new (01) mercury sable. That lasted 6 months before I spun a bearing on the crank (it had 120k and showed it!). What I consider my first car (parents bought it and I paid em back) was an 81 Ford Fairmont 4-door with a straight six. It was originally a T-Red color, but had faded to poop brown. I changed out the fender and hood due to rust/damage from being parked under a snowpile in an alley b4 I bought it. The new parts were a reddish color and made it look a little better LOL. I had a little bigger size tires on the back so it had a little rake to it :laugh: I have some pics somewhere, but I can't find them right now. That car was a hunk of junk compared to what everyone else was driving in HS and I took a ton of crap for it, but I loved that car. It had a carb and I loved just messing around with it in my independant study for auto class. I sold it for $100 with the few parts I accumulated for it after I bought my 99 SE a month after I graduated. I see my pics and wish I could have kept her and put a 351W or something in it to drag race. The kid I sold it to was a HS student and I doubt it lasted much after that because I only saw it 3 times after that. It's probably someones new washer or something :laugh:

Back