• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Stereo Stolen...

Deep

New CEG'er
Just thought I'd my experience from the past day or so...

So i just got a new job 3 months ago, which require me to commute via train everyday. I've left my car parked at station everyday from about 7am to 5pm.

I had a pioneer in dash touch screen dvd, with removable face, and a really good (or so i thought) compustar alarm.

I came to my car last night to find my head unit (minus the face) had been stolen. :( . Just thought I'd share the manner in which these thieves broke into my car.....

To prevent my car alarm from going off, these people stuck crowbars into the rear - driver side window, and pryed it out of the frame, snapping it along the bottom edge where it went down into the door. They left the entire window in one piece under my car. Doing it this way prevented my car alarm from going off, which has shock sensors, so smashing it, would have set it off.

After gaining entry to the vehicle, they popped open my hood, and cut the power wires connect to battery, and cut wiring to my alarm :(. They then took as long as they needed, stole my head unit, even though they didnt have the face. What low lives!!

I guess if someone really wants your stuff, they'll do anything to get it.

I feel horrible for you. You just cant have anything nice anymore it seems..

This is why I leave my "Toys" safe at home in the garage. I drive a beater in the winter and summer to and from when I go to work, shopping or in any situation in which i cant be within a foot or 2 of my car. It just isnt worth it. In my beater I just have a Decent detachable face unit with MP3/WMA capability and some decent replacements for the stock speakers...... Everything else is stock, the rims, interior exterior, almost no mods, etc...

Anyway, I hope the insurance takes care of you. See if the place you parked has security camera's.

Last edited:
Really sorry to hear they stole the H/U. Seems like the car would have moved a lot with prying and bending setting off the alarm??

When you get it all fixed install a battery back up for your alarm, it keeps the alarm armed even when the battery wires are cut. Also a motion sensor for the inside of the vehicle would help as well.

That's too bad. I once tried to pry open a window in a Contour at the junkyard. I ended up shattering the glass.

Last edited:
It's Winter! They must have planned the job:nonono:. I had my system stolen years ago, from my suburban driveway.

wow thats crazy. i had a guy try stealing my crap out of my car. he didnt get to far though, my good friend .300 win-mag came out of his cage. dude took off as soon as i walked outside.

This kid stole my brothers HU twice, and his ipod the second time, in the apartment complex where he lives... Finally, he went around bragging about how it had been stolen twice, so he finally got the one he really wanted, touch screen navi dvd the works, and then didn't sleep for three days...

ended up catching the guy trying to steal it again(which there was no HU in the car) and fired a whole tank of paintballs all over the guy from about 10 feet(his second story lanai) while his girlfriend called the police.

Ended up getting both his HU's back before the guy could sell them or pawn them or w/e he was going to do with them! IPOD was gone though!

I really dont like low life that have to steal stuff rather then actually work for it!

It was kinda funny listening to my brother tell the story back to us, and how his girlfriend was telling the cops "you can't miss him, my boyfriend has covered him in paintballs, just look for the black guy that appears to be yellow"

The guy was in so much pain from the paintballs, he was laying there when the cops showed up, he couldnt even run away!

It was kinda funny listening to my brother tell the story back to us, and how his girlfriend was telling the cops "you can't miss him, my boyfriend has covered him in paintballs, just look for the black guy that appears to be yellow"

The guy was in so much pain from the paintballs, he was laying there when the cops showed up, he couldnt even run away!
That has got to be the funniest thing I have heard in a long time lol

That has got to be the funniest thing I have heard in a long time lol

The 3 hours my brother spent at the police station while the guy was trying to have him arressted for assualt wasnt funny!

The only thing that saved my brother from actually being charged was that he actually waited til the guy was in the car to fire!

The 3 hours my brother spent at the police station while the guy was trying to have him arressted for assualt wasnt funny!

The only thing that saved my brother from actually being charged was that he actually waited til the guy was in the car to fire!
Isnt there a law in Texas where you can shoot a person attempting to break into your car? I'm about to move down there :laugh:

My cd player was stolen a year ago. Sucked coming to a car with the window caved in after a night of partying.

Must have liked the cd player, since my radar detector and hundreds of cds were laying right in the back seat. Never again will I leave the player in the car :nonono:

I kinda like my car at the moment.. 1 untinted window, missing sideskirts, sporting stealies and a broken fog light. No one will ever think I have something nice in the car :laugh:

Back