• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

"Cheap" Electric Ratchet 3/8 inch drive

Why not get an air rachet? It'd be cheaper.

Yeah, but then I would have to buy a compressor and find a place to store it. With an elecrical one, it needs maybe a 3 inch by 1 foot space for it. I don't have a garage or shed in my house. Only a basement utility room which is starting to have "already too many car things in it". But I might have to end up going that route if need be or fork out about $200 for the electric ratchet. My only concern with purchasing that $178 plus shipping and handling is that I am not sure how well it works.

I already have a 12 volt impact wrench which does not do what I wanted it to. I will probably pick up another impact wrench 110 volt which cost $70 (I want it to "break loose" the tire lug nuts). Not the electric ratchet. The electric ratchet is for tight spaces where I don't have much room to swing the ratchet.

I'd say if you're going to be stuck forking out two bills for the rachet, then you should definitely take that $200 and buy a compressor and the air rachet. You'll have a tool that works like you want it to (most likely) plus another tool that is useful for scads of other things.

I'd say if you're going to be stuck forking out two bills for the rachet, then you should definitely take that $200 and buy a compressor and the air rachet. You'll have a tool that works like you want it to (most likely) plus another tool that is useful for scads of other things.

Sigh, yeah, may have to.

"....I might have to end up going that route if need be"

Back