• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Turbo question..

acontour

CEG'er
Hi guys.
I have a 97' ,Zetec Contour,2.0L,DOHC and would like to turbocharge it. What is the best choice in doing that? I have rebuilt the engine with JE 10.5:1 Forged Pistons (85.00mm bore) and Eagle "ESP" 3-D H Beam Connecting Rods - 5.483".

Since my compression went up , how much boost can I put in it? I heard from a couple of friends that you need a lower compression to run about 20PSI.

Can I run about 10psi , or is my compression to high for the stock valve cover??

Hi guys.
I have a 97' ,Zetec Contour,2.0L,DOHC and would like to turbocharge it. What is the best choice in doing that? I have rebuilt the engine with JE 10.5:1 Forged Pistons (85.00mm bore) and Eagle "ESP" 3-D H Beam Connecting Rods - 5.483".

Since my compression went up , how much boost can I put in it? I heard from a couple of friends that you need a lower compression to run about 20PSI.

Can I run about 10psi , or is my compression to high for the stock valve cover??
It is not the valve cover you should be worried about...it is the head and gasket.

Just look at the Focus forums. The SVT Focus is running high compression. They are doing daily drivers at 15psi.

If you have good tuning and have it intercooled, you should be able to handle 15psi. I sure hope you have a MTX though.

HTH,
BP

Just look at the Focus forums. The SVT Focus is running high compression. They are doing daily drivers at 15psi.

If you have good tuning and have it intercooled, you should be able to handle 15psi. I sure hope you have a MTX though.

HTH,
BP

Yeah , I have an MTX tranny. I'm still in the process of "breakin" in the engine , than I will most likely get a turbo. I heard a ball bearing turbo is better. Is that true?

You've got a lot of reading/research to do...

A ball bearing turbo is better in that it will spool faster. They are also MUCH more expensive.

If you are sticking with the stock head/intake, you will probably want to look for a:

T3-60
GT28R

For a FRPP or CFM head with turbo cams and a FRPP intake, you would want a:

T3-S60 (Super 60)
GT28RS

(The GT turbos are ball bearing turbos.)

I should also mention a couple of Mitsubishi turbos, but I don't have the info in front of me right now.

HTH,
BP

I have a T3 Super60 on the car right now. and at 13PSI of boost its absolutly insane. its probably the best option for the zetec for the price. Also if your interested i can build you a turbo kit for the zetec contour. PM for more details.

You've got a lot of reading/research to do...

A ball bearing turbo is better in that it will spool faster. They are also MUCH more expensive.

If you are sticking with the stock head/intake, you will probably want to look for a:

T3-60
GT28R

For a FRPP or CFM head with turbo cams and a FRPP intake, you would want a:

T3-S60 (Super 60)
GT28RS

(The GT turbos are ball bearing turbos.)

I should also mention a couple of Mitsubishi turbos, but I don't have the info in front of me right now.

HTH,
BP

Yeah I know I'm researching everyday like crazy.
Thanks a lot for your help.

Hi guys.

i'm on 5 psi...i got pics if you want to look at.....do you have a myspace?

Back