• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Show off your pre-98 trunks!

Any one use any tip of lip similar to that of the pre 98 trunk on a post 98 trunk?

i PM'd SVTSNOB because he had a M5 lip listed in his mods but im still waiting to see pics, i dont mean to hijack this thread but im just wondering.

Any one use any tip of lip similar to that of the pre 98 trunk on a post 98 trunk?

i PM'd SVTSNOB because he had a M5 lip listed in his mods but im still waiting to see pics, i dont mean to hijack this thread but im just wondering.

Tony has one (csvt1214) He has posted many pictures of it

Since we are on this topic of Pre98 TRUNKS....

I had a thought of a Pre98 trunk with a LIP that is MOLDED!!!!! I think it would look so much cleaner even tho I myself am not a pre98 trunk person.

- amyn

Since we are on this topic of Pre98 TRUNKS....

I had a thought of a Pre98 trunk with a LIP that is MOLDED!!!!! I think it would look so much cleaner even tho I myself am not a pre98 trunk person.

- amyn

I think that would look like hell.

I feel like the pre98 trunk really needs an SVT rear bumper.

It would have been nice from factory.. but custom fabbing an SVT front isn't so much fun. And for good measure:

rearshotSZ05.jpg

Is it just me, or does the right exaust tip look to be sticking out further than the left? But still a good looking car with that little flaw.

Yup it does, thats the flaw with TruBendz exhaust. It should get fixed this spring. I plan on getting some mufflers to help quite down the car.

I don't get what the craze is with using a pre 98 truck, on a post 98. I like mine just fine

Because it's a fairly simple mod that IMO completely alters the look of the rear end of the car. The center reflector is just... too much I think. Granted, I LOVE the look of the pre- 98's with the SVT bodykit. When I wind up with some $$ to throw around, that may wind up being one of my project cars. I need a garage the size of a small apartment building for all the crap I want to do. :(

Is there anywhere online where you can get the wing style spoiler? My car is so damn bland...

Back