• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Never where you can get to them

he lacked attention as a child so he seeks it elsewere...pretty common actually:shrug: :laugh:
People like you make me
vommit.gif

Corolla S in 5spd.

Matrix XR in 5 spd.

Just a start. Tundra also.:shrug:

You've got to be kidding. That list you've got there is a Who's Who of bland sh*theaps. Their cars may be reliable, but that's not a unique quality. Soulless penalty boxes in the long held Japanese tradition.

Furthermore, this delusion regarding Japanese cars made in America has to stop. Simply employing American workers does not let companies like Toyota, Honda et al off the hook. They are Japanese firms. Some like to counter with the argument that Ford builds Crown Vics in Canada, for example. They do. Canada is one of our largest trading partners, and a great ally. They're also not threatening one of our greatest industries. If people bought any number of the fine American offerings out there instead of those from Japan, Detroit would be able to employ those folks that work at the foreign firms.

Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, as well as Chrysler and GM, have long, great histories in America and the world, and have produced a litany of great cars too vast to agglutinate here. I've never been able to find a reason to buy Japanese, and I still find myself bullsh*t at the thought of Americans buying their cars.

As always, you'll be able to find me behind the wheel of great Detroit products. :cool:

damn threadjackers. Go make your own thread! :p

The thing that happens to me most often is I see a 'tour or whatever that I really like, but I'm never in the right car to say hi.
I'm usually in the truck or something so they'd just think I was whacked.

People like you make me
vommit.gif

its ok cnewton. i think he was just tryn to be funny. no hard feelings. on a side note, tha tundra is prolly the only fun vehicle u have on that list... if the commercials are true anyway since i never drove one. how do i know this? well i actually beat a corolla S a couple years ago without secondaries. and u know tours run like crap without those.

The thing that happens to me most often is I see a 'tour or whatever that I really like, but I'm never in the right car to say hi.

Yup. When I was in the Twin Cities the weekend I was picking up my car, we took the wifes car around town and went to the zoo. Along the way I saw another CSVT, SVTF, and a Lighting. If I was going to catch up to them in a 96 Outback Wagon, they would have though I was some crazy ricer who wanted to rice.

i know :laugh:. but guys, u gatta realize that not all tour owners actually luv them like we do. even if i was driving my tour, they would still prolly think am nuts cos i believe i gat a sudden unexplainable connection to a total stranger just cos he drives tha same car i do.

The biggest reason that people turn to foreign car companies is because they are building cars that people want. The Corolla is probably the best selling car I have ever seen. It even beats the Focus in my opinion. I used to work at a Ford dealer also. I know how fast they sell. On average at the dealership I work at now, we probably sell at least 2-3 Corollas a week. The new Focus? I wont even begin to describe how pathetic and sick that is.

Also alot of people like the new Tundras. Mostly for the same reason my cousin started liking them. They are built around the driver. They are very comfortable and spacious. I dont see anything from Ford or Chevy offered like the full four door Tundra. The only one that comes close is the Mega Cab. I understand that alot of people on here are die hard Ford fanatics. Trust me, I used to be also. But look at Ford's current line up. It honestly makes me sick. Their, and the other American manufacturers lineup is the biggest reason people are looking elsewhere.

Now look at some Toyotas. The Rav4 is probably close to if not the best selling Toyota. Why? Because its a small size SUV thats basically AWD or All time 4WD. It gets great gas mileage for an SUV.

The new Seqouia offers an SUV that can carry people but still haul.

The FJ cruiser is yes ugly but is one of the most capable off roading vehicles currently produced.

Have you looked at the Land Cruiser? Yeah its over priced, but that is another extreme off roading vehicle. The thing is built like a freakin tank.

The Corolla is Toyota's "Focus killer". It gets good gas mileage because of having a smaller engine. But it still is a fun little car. I drive them every day. Yeah they arent the nicest thing ever, but they are pretty good for the money. The S is what people look for in a cheaper four door. Style and sporty but cheap and gets good gas mileage.

People also turn to Toyota because of their reliability. I once told a friend that you rarely see a dealership that sells just Toyota. Why? Because if they only sold Toyota their service department would hardly exist. I cant honestly say that I have never seen a Toyota with any serious mechanical problems. :shrug: There must be a good reason for that.

Trust me. As I have already stated, I once felt exactly as you guys do. But I guess I just opened my mind a little to see that there are good things out there. You just gotta look for them.

Alright, proceed flaming.:cool:

Last edited:
It was the same when I had either of my 1994 SHOs. You'd want to share the joy with another SHO owner, then you'd realize that behind the wheel was a 75 year old woman on her way to church, and reason that she's probably not an enthusiast. :laugh:

i know :laugh:. but guys, u gatta realize that not all tour owners actually luv them like we do. even if i was driving my tour, they would still prolly think am nuts cos i believe i gat a sudden unexplainable connection to a total stranger just cos he drives tha same car i do.
Dont get me wrong. As you apparently are. I absolutely love my Mystique. I have never loved a car so much. Other than maybe my 96 Tour. But I have gotten a little tired of fixing things on a car that shouldnt even be thinking about having some of these problems.

...But I guess I just opened my mind a little to see that there are good things out there. You just gotta look for them...

Balls. Your sales manager has brainwashed you. When you come back to Ford, know that us fanatics will welcome you home.

Balls. Your sales manager has brainwashed you. When you come back to Ford, know that us fanatics will welcome you home.
No. Balls are not what I was thinking...:laugh:

And no. None of the employees had anything to do with it. I have drawn my conclusions on my own. I like to check things out and learn for myself, rather than listen to just what somebody says and believe them in blind vanity. But whatever. I tried.:shrug:

One of the most reliable cars I ever owned was a 91 Prism (same as a corolla). T-boned a freakin' minivan, that had to be towed a way, and drove the car another 3 months until the insurance check came in. Great in the winter, very few mechincal problems etc. Was it great fun to drive, like the SVT? No, but it wasn't ment to be. It was what the 'average' person wanted. A car that goes from point A to B with no problems.

Now that I think about it. Wasn't there someone from Florida with a Young America on here a long while ago?

I gotta tell ya -- I almost never see SVTs around. A buddy of mine's got one nearby, but that's about it. When I was a SHO owner, I had the eye -- I'd see them everywhere, even going the other way down I-95 at 75 MPH. I found that gratifying, entertaining.

And when I was cruising around in my 1993 Town Car that I just sold, I would see them everywhere. This made sense, as Ford banged out about 120,000 of them in 1993, with a similar performance for 1994. One day, I came across one that was all white with the exact same wheels I had. It was a Knight Rider moment -- when K.I.T.T. first meets K.A.R.R. :cool:

When I lived in Montana, a guy with a green 1993 SHO pulled in behind my '94 of the same color, and flashed his lights. I pulled over on a side street in a residential neighborhood, and we got out and had the bull session about the cars. Lots of friendly folks out west.

Back