• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

This is like...a lot of snow.

lol Mike and I are quite addicted to their food as well. ;)

I ran some errands Saturday morning, and decided to stop into the supermarket nearby for a couple things. It was a friggin nightmare. Everyone rushing to get their usual weekend shopping done before the storms hit.
It was the worst Saturday traffic I've ever seen at that store.
I try really hard to avoid it completely on a Saturday, but I forgot to go on Friday to get the meat for Sunday's meal.

btw, in the seasoning aisle, check out the Crockpot Season Sensations packets (something like that) if you've got a crockpot. ohhh they's is so good!

I downed the Melbourne with no problems. I also had my share of a 1/2 order of cheese fries, a salad, piece of the bread, and a loaded baked potato with it. For the uninitiated, the Melbourne is a 22oz. porterhouse. I also wasn't full when I was done. Kind of impressive, but mostly scary. Outback isn't bad when you don't feel like cooking on your own. It's good for the occasional trip out. But if I have it too often, I get sick of it quickly. We've grown a love for the Border Cafe now that they opened up a Burlington location. Dinner for two for $20!

Traffic wasn't all that bad between CT and NH on Saturday. We went from our house to Foxwoods, then up to Nashua, and then home. Left the house at 6:30am, got home at 7pm or so.

We call it Outbreak Steakhouse. I had a steak there once that still had marks where the jockey was hitting it.

We went shopping. Needed cat food and baking supplies. Grocery store is a 10 minute drive from our house. Easy drive (snow driving has never bothered me), and nobody was out, which made it much easier. We actually went out to the Outback Crackhouse for dinner. It was 40 out by the time we left, and the restaurant was empty.

The driving wasn't bad at all yesterday.

well to me the driving was bad..but then again i hate driving in most weather conditions. i'm mostly complaining about the elderly people who would come into the store and then tell me how bad it was driving to get there. I'm also a bitter person when it comes to work anyways. :shrug:

well to me the driving was bad..but then again i hate driving in most weather conditions. i'm mostly complaining about the elderly people who would come into the store and then tell me how bad it was driving to get there. I'm also a bitter person when it comes to work anyways. :shrug:

I think you need to stop whining :p :laugh:
Now on Sunday night...THAT driving was BAD. Scariest moment of my life was when I was trying to pass a truck on the highway, while there was lots of slush on the ground, but the truck hit a huge patch of it and splashed on my windshield was COVERED and I couldn't see ANYTHING. Crazy scary, especially when you're going 40 mph on a curve...instantly blind...

Wakefield has these f-cking Bobcats to plow the sidewalks. They come AFTER everyone has shoveled themselves out, and then proceed to plow you back in again! And they wreck everyone's lawn. AND AND, the Saab was sideswiped by one last night while parked in my own driveway. The f-ckr backed up to go around a phone pole and backed into my car. I HATE WINTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The AWD becomes more and more tempting as I begin to realize how poorly the side streets are plowed around here (as well as how fun it is to get up my driveway!). Thankfully it's only a 1/4 mile before I get to a main road.

Wakefield has these f-cking Bobcats to plow the sidewalks. They come AFTER everyone has shoveled themselves out, and then proceed to plow you back in again! And they wreck everyone's lawn. AND AND, the Saab was sideswiped by one last night while parked in my own driveway. The f-ckr backed up to go around a phone pole and backed into my car. I HATE WINTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

None of the sidewalks got done up our way.

How the hell did a bobcat manage to hit the Saab? Given how far you are from the sidewalk, plus the direction of the car... sounds like he was almost aiming for you or lost control.

None of the sidewalks got done up our way.

How the hell did a bobcat manage to hit the Saab? Given how far you are from the sidewalk, plus the direction of the car... sounds like he was almost aiming for you or lost control.

looks like he backed up to avoid hitting the telephone pole on the corner and then WHACK.

it's times like this I wish I didn't have a $500 deductible! MerryXmas.

if he cant prove it was the town, its his word against theirs.

i would have taken pics as soon as i found it to show the bobcat tracks right next to the car and then taken them down to city hall and started screaming.

I think so, but if they do it in your driveway, they are trespassing.

good point unless its withi nthe first 5 ft or something like that, may very, as the town owns that so they can have some flexability if needed.

example, when the town repaved my parents road they did the first few feet of the driveway, but then again they needed to make it match the road level. And the neighbor with a gravel drivay had the end paved by the town also.

I think so, but if they do it in your driveway, they are trespassing.

Given the street where Baco lives, and how far in the Saab is normally parked (I drive up that street once a week to visit my brother-in-law, his wife, and their kids... I swear I'm not stalking him), they backed the bobcat WAY up to avoid that pole. There's absolutely no way it could have been someone else. It's not like the ass of the car hangs out into the street or anything.

Back