• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

A CEG'er Got a new car...guess who?

BigBEN

Hard-core CEG'er
So, today, Jeff (Reebs) and I went to go pick up another car for him.
Here are some pictures from the morning drive until when we got home.

Smudge came along too :D
DSC01422.jpg

DSC01423.jpg

Making Progress...
DSC01424.jpg

Waiting for Jeff!
DSC01426.jpg

On the way home with the new ride...
DSC01428.jpg

DSC01429.jpg

Driver swap... ;D
DSC01432.jpg

Gas Stop
DSC01434.jpg

DSC01436.jpg

Good times. Got to test out the new 2.5 vs the boosted tune with no boost running rich 3L and all I can say is the good ole 3L kicks some serious 2.5 butt. :D The 2.5 doesn't have much other than headers and an optimized y, but the 3L really makes a huge difference. It has been a year since I last had a 2.5 in any of my SVT's so I forgot the 2.5's lack of torque. :laugh:

Thanks Ben for taking the day to drive my cars across the State! It is nice to have CEG guys willing to help you out all the time.

Reebs has 2, and the Green one is mine!

I wish the green one was mine. :D

Reebs

Last edited:
It was stupid to keep the dog loose in the car, especially right in front of the airbag when the car is in motion. Accidents can happen at any time for any reason, and that dog would be dead instantly in that close range to the airbag.
Like cats, small dogs should be in crates in the back seat of a moving vehicle.

Well idk that thing is faster then my SVT by a good amount. Too bad I wont get to see it again. I am going to try to sell mine soon, it's black to so you could finish the collection

Last edited:
Well idk that thing is faster then my SVT by a good amount. Too bad I wont get to see it again. I am going to try to sell mine soon, it's black to so you could finish the collection

It was decently quick, but nowhere near the 3L.

and I actually need a Green one! It's the only color svt I haven't owned! I have had 4 T Reds, 2 Black, and 1 Silver. I had a Green SE, but no tropic green SVT yet. :( That is only part of my Contour history. :crazy:

are you going to buy an SVT Tony?

Reebs,
where do you keep finding all these cars? And what are you going to do with this one?

It was decently quick, but nowhere near the 3L.

and I actually need a Green one! It's the only color svt I haven't owned! I have had 4 T Reds, 2 Black, and 1 Silver. I had a Green SE, but no tropic green SVT yet. :( That is only part of my Contour history. :crazy:

Nice addition!! If you need a green one in the future....lemme know and I'll keep ya in mind. Needs some work...but it'd be a good 3L candidate!!!!

Reebs,
where do you keep finding all these cars? And what are you going to do with this one?

I keep my eyes open all the time, and that is how I find so many SVTs worth buying, or cars in general. I plan on fixing this one up real good and stealing some goodies off it for my 3LT; then I'll drive it throughout the winter while the 3L gets more surgery in my garage.

Nice addition!! If you need a green one in the future....lemme know and I'll keep ya in mind. Needs some work...but it'd be a good 3L candidate!!!!

Shoot me a PM when you are ready to sell. Try to blow the motor first, I want it cheaper. :laugh:

Reebs

Jeff, I love you man. What does this bring the Contour count to?

More importantly, does your wife think you're :crazy:??? :laugh:

Nice pics guys, just in time to dodge the storm, too. You guys do anything in Chicagoland, or was it strictly business Illinois straight back home?

Jeff, I love you man. What does this bring the Contour count to?

More importantly, does your wife think you're :crazy:??? :laugh:

Nice pics guys, just in time to dodge the storm, too. You guys do anything in Chicagoland, or was it strictly business Illinois straight back home?

If you include parts car SVT's, I believe this brings my count to 11... at least 10 though. :ponder: I gotta think back and write them all down to figure this out.

As for the wife, she does think I am crazy obviously, but she is cool with everything. Even when half of CEG comes over for the fun of it. :laugh: And it was strictly a buisness trip. We should have done something fun out there and spent money so that I could have written more off for the "buisness trip". :crazy: We both had alot going on yesterday though, so that is why we headed out early... Ben showed up at my house around 6:55 am! :shocked:

Back