• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

svt focus fuel pump

Any will work. The SVT Focus production only ran a few years anyway. It's a very straightforward swap. You'll understand when you have the parts in front of you.

Is that the one that has a flow rate of 255 lph? I'm still trying to find out what the Contour's stock flow rate is.

I believe the focus pump will only work for those with returnless fuel systems. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

And...for the cost of a CSVT pump I would get either the FSVT or Walbro as a replacement.

I had mine replaced with Motorcraft (under warranty so I didn't exactly have a say in what it was --- but was glad it was a motorcraft)
IIRC though, it would have been around $300 (parts only) from the stealership.

related to countour/mystique fuel pumps, is there a final word yet on whether you can just go under the backseat through the hole cut there on all/most of the models? ...or do you really have to drop the tank?

You can access the pump from the back seat, but the hole may need to be enlarged for returnless pumps. Still, some prefer to drop the tank for their own reasons. :shocked:

What exactly is a returnless pump vs. say some other type of fuel pump?

I'm interested to know more, because a mechanic recently ripped me off, bigtime, I feel, in replacing my fuel pump. I should have done it myself! Kicking myself bigtime for this... he dropped the tank, instead of using the backseat like I asked him to do, ordered an obscenely expensive part, charged me too much labor, and broke/tore the foam under my backseat and broke the clips that hold it down.

He seriously pissed me off, and I just can't let it go. I'm learning all I can to just do it myself next time.

Yeah I have a svtf fuel pump sitting in my garage from a friend awaiting install on vader, I wonder if my tune will have to be tweaked:shrug:

Yeah I have a svtf fuel pump sitting in my garage from a friend awaiting install on vader, I wonder if my tune will have to be tweaked:shrug:

I'm hoping you don't mean the 98. Contours weren't returnless until mid-late 99...

To who asked, stock fuel pump is 155lph. FSVT is 255lph.

I'm hoping you don't mean the 98. Contours weren't returnless until mid-late 99...

To who asked, stock fuel pump is 155lph. FSVT is 255lph.

Dohh,lol at me, guess I dont have any use for that then. I will keep it as a stand buy in case anything happens to the one on my 00

this may be a easy question but i cant remember how to tell if your car is returnless or return style? some say the date but how can we be sure of what we have? what if we have a mid 99?

Back