• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New Taurus 3.5 Duratec!

SVTDawg

CEG'er
263 HP...has anyone brought this up or done any comparison for fit? bellhousing? will it work with the contour computer and wiring? I can't find much info right now...

Sure people will be wrecking these future rental cars soon!

no it doesn't. They dont match up and have valve timing, if they did im pretty sure everyone would be going for the new 3.7L over the 3.5/

Whoops... newbie mistake. don't shoot me. I searched, but I guess not well enough! It was a late night....

i think the trans will bolt up also ive done alotttttt of reasearch
the engine is the same size exterior dimensions
i tihkn if someone had the money to buy the engine and some balls it could be done

Doesn't it mount too low making the axles aim upwards to attach to the wheels. Making this install too much money.

Everything and i mean EVERYTHING swaps, mounts, and plugs in perfectly. Im surprised nobody has done this swap yet.

I think it's been discussed about the ignition system not working with our ecu's, heads look different. I don't think it would be has easy has the 3.0L drop, I think we reached our limits for motor swaps, but not saying it's totally out of the water. take a look at the pics of the 3.5 just doesn't look like the same animal has the 2.5-3.0 family anymore. I also was doing tons of searches on info for this motor, while others are correct about the the 3.5 sharing the same size dimensions and height this was done so it could fit into current platforms using the 3.0 but that is where it ending, they designed the motor totally new from oil pan to intake sharing nothing from the previous duratecs, blocks, heads nothing and the motor/bell housing was designed around the new 6spd tranny to which it would be mounted to, so plug and play no, those who want to try it best of luck to you.

cov-duratec35.jpg

07EDGE_3.5LV6EngA-1622r2.jp_9w.jpg

3.0L

021794.2-lg.jpg

bah! everyone knows that taking a motor from another car is always a direct bolt in and is VERY cheap and easy. Engineers took into consideration that Contour owners would want to swap this motor into their car so they made everything the same. :shrug:
Btw, I'm completely joking.

Jim..I got your sarcasm the first time. Good stuff!

Anyone have a dune or rail-buggy? Pretty sure we could make it work in one of those!! That would be fun..or if someone could put it in the back of a Focus, like Jay Leno's Festiva with the SHO motor.

Well I do know they mounted the Motor different then they did on the 500 and Taurus in order to cut down on motor noise and better isolate it. I know I am not going to do it, but I really did like the way the 3.5 handled when I drove the Taurus's around. Also they are rated very high ( top 10) for motors for 07.

Well it's not all that insane imo. svt's got 205hp out of a 2.5L 10 years ago. 82hp/L. New 3.5 is 263 is 75hp/L.

I know it's a simple formula but it still says alot. Not saying the new motor hasn't made progress, variable timing..broader torque curve probably.

But yeah, if it was as easy as a 3.0L sway then it would be really tempting. Seems like that's not the case right now.

yeah,not that insane. chrysler was using the 3.5L HO since the late 90's similar output. to say ford is late to dinner is a understatment. the taurus should've had this enigine while the svt had the 3.0 hindsight is always 20/20 though.:shrug:

Back