• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

My 97 Contour

D'oh! :nonono:

Older Lancias had a V4. They are rare, but there are V4s out there.

To the OP, looks good already. I wouldn't touch it other than making it look clean. Maybe get the hazzing out of those headlights.

You beat me to that... My parents' old boat had a V4 engine... 90hp evinrude on a boat that was VERY light... Ran great till it blew a head gasket and warped the inside of the cylinder... :troutslap:

Back to the car... Try to find a Pre-98 lip spoiler! Also maybe find a 4-cyl Mystique guage cluster with tach and a leather steering wheel. Other than that looks good!

D'oh! :nonono:

Older Lancias had a V4. They are rare, but there are V4s out there.

To the OP, looks good already. I wouldn't touch it other than making it look clean. Maybe get the hazzing out of those headlights.

I probably should have specified, I meant for the contour.

plus its not very common knowledge for such a motor as a V4.

I would suggest some Contour SE sideskirts and maybe an SE lip spoiler like this.
97_ford_contour_se-2.jpg

do enough and your car can look like this:
contest129.jpg

or this:
X.jpg

or this:
Dsc01248.jpg

or even this:
Joes_Pre-98.jpg

OR you could get wheels, GCs (<---lowering springs), and tint like this:
exterior_4.jpg

I can see they did a terrible job with the paint. They painted over your fog light inserts :nonono:. Just shows how much care went into the procedure :rolleyes:. Everyone pretty much covered everything about upgrading the car. Some things are more difficult than others due to it being a Zetec, and not the Duratec :(. My suggestion is to DEFINITELY get in intake. It works wonders on a Zetec. Check out the Zetec Performance section and there are LOTS of details on intakes. They are currently made for the Focus Zetec, but it needs little to no modification to make a short ram intake fit. I also do agree with the SVT exhaust. In fact, I know of an SVT exhaust that is in Chicopee, MA, with aircougar (I see you have Mass plates). Might want to PM him if you're looking into doing something like this. It'd probably require a new flex pipe and some stainless steel piping, plus two mufflers. I have the resonators that came with the exhaust, but you probably don't want to use those. Good luck with the Zetec :)

They painted over what is supposed to be the black molding strips on the roof too :nonono:

yeah i can tell the paint doesnt look that great... however it gives you more room to play with, like if you got some SE ground effects you could probably rattle can them yourself and make it look pretty good too.

I also just noticed your sirius radio. Howard Stern FTW! :D

Back