• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Another Troll here.. =)

thegadget

CEG'er
Hey Guys, Just wanted to say I am no longer a CSVT driver. Today was the last day. My brother in law bought #1462. It will be travelling to Iowa from here in Texas. Here is my new ride. It is a Lexus SC400 with new guts. It is running a Twin-turbo 1jz-gte from Japan. Dyno'd 308RWHP. Fun car. I will still swing in and check out the news. Take it easy and thank-you CEG for all the DIY and help from all the members!

So Long.. :nonono:

SC400a.jpg

Twin Turbo, 2.5L
SC400b.jpg

Yeah, it is a twin turbo, and out of a JDM Supra. No comparison to the csvt, but a different class of car.

Tsss.. Love that sound!

Tsss.. Love that sound!

Man Guys, I finally got to drive Finn (african for black skinned) on dry pavement today. Very nice! kinda suprised when the fuel cutoff at 120mph. I am going to have to figure out why. I had another 4k-5k of revs left. (I am sure it has something with the conversion, the v8 guage cluster thinks the rpms are 2xs the real rpms. Basically at idle it says 2,100 rpm, and it really is about 900). Took it on a back country road here in Tx and just enjoyed the turbos spooling. It just sucks your head back to the headrest.

To bad it is an automatic, but if my wife is going to help out on vacations, it is a must. The factory V8 exhaust sounds surprisingly good. And of course the 3" Downpipe up'd the hp from 280hp at the crank to over 350hp. It is amazing how easy it is to make hp on turbos. Just making them breathe better adds 70 horses! It is insane. I will take some pics of the exhaust. The twin turbos actually work together, not one big, and one little (like I thought). It is basically 2 small turbos. They work surprisingly well. The best upgrade is the single huge turbo. You have to get a new manifold and of course turbo.

I haven't been driving the car very responsibly. (Not hard, but faster than I should..oops) And I am getting 25.6mpg! I should get close to 30 if I don't get on it.. That will be hard. (I was getting 26 on my CSVT driving it easy).

A body kit and mabe a bigger turbo/5 speed conversion might be coming up this summer, who knows. Right now, I will be working on the interior. Lot of work! Here is my to do list:
  1. Got to get the cruise working,
  2. power steering pump is on its way out,
  3. Got to completely rewire the audio system (full digital system factory with 260w RMS amp parts gone),
  4. Some new leather,
  5. Gauge lights,
  6. climate control display problems,
  7. New Cluster from a SC300,
  8. Steering whell 3 post upgrade,
  9. Interior door panels,
  10. new sunroof glass,
  11. new windsheild glass,
  12. and some trunk work.
  13. Oh, and paint touchup on the outside.
  14. Then the Fun Mods!
Later guys, thanks for the comments! It is crazy that the CSVT and this Beast is the same displacement! Crazy! Take it easy..

Back