• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Advice or trade

Aspire

New CEG'er
Just failed a "Pre Test" and the guy seems to think it is because my precats are gone (do to headers). Anyone with any advice on this. Otherwise I am looking to trade my headers and y pipe for functioning stock manifolds and y pipe. The deal would be you have my headers removed and replace with stock and the stuff is yours.

There are plenty of people that pass w/out pre-cats. Make sure your main cat is good and hot and your car is tuned.

yep, my 3L with WR headers and high flow cat passed with flying colors. either get some mils or a tune. i drove to ADC for the tune but i realllly needed it with my new motor. im sure he could send you a nice little care package in the mail or something. give him a call.

I will post the readings this afternoon. I wonder if my my cat is done. My care has almost 100K on it now. I did install MIL Eliminators, but who knows the shop who did the work will definelty not be getting anymore business from me (long story). So lets say the cat is working what should I look at next?

I passed

I passed

I passed my smog this year, 3.0, headers, I put on my stock airbox and maincat (normally run a SHOshop y-pipe with gutted cat), and pulled my ADC chip to run on the stock program. I think it ran even cleaner than my old 2.5 with all the cats in place.

Update

Update

I passed smog last weekend. Dont know what the difference was but I drove it for over an hour before. Thanks for the experience/adivce.

Back