• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

new deck stopped turning on..

dingleberry

CEG'er
alright.. i bought this new deck from ebay.. its the naxa one model nx-634... i connected ALL the wires correctly.. and then i :censored::censored::censored::censored:ed up on the blue antenna wire.. so i snipped it while it was on.. and it shut off.. and when i reconnected it.. it doesnt turn back on! NOTHING! i checked all fuses and everything.. there all ok.. any suggestions?

Well dingleberry, when you're purchasing a new HU that sells for roughly 25.00 -50.00, you're probably not going to get quality components. Next rule of thumb would be to NEVER SNIP WIRES WHILE THE UNIT IS POWERED ON!!!! My advice, buy a decent brand name HU for around $100.00

Well dingleberry, ...

Tt took me a minute to realize dingleberry is actually his name:crazy:. I thought, wow thats rude... But snipping wires that are conducting electricity to/from something is never a good idea. Can't say I've never made a mistake too, though. If you don't care about brand and just want something cheap to play music then you might go to walmart. they had a few for under 100 last time i was there, one of which had slots for USB, SD, CD, and an AUX jack for ~$80.

You may have possibly shorted the unit's output with that surge of reconnecting, you'd need a mulitmeter to check that, or possibly blew a fuse for the power antenna, I'm guessing though something on the radio went to crap... could try powering the power antenna up with something else to start determining the cause of failure...

Check on the back of the head unit, you may see a little one there, If not, check the fuse that controls your radio, but don't recall exactly which one it is right now.

alright.. what fuse(s) would be the one(s) that i would replace for my problem?

I have a fuse 34 -> 7.5A, which is 12V+ at all times
fuse 32 -> 7.5A, 12V+ in ACC or Run
fuse 30 -> 7.5A, 12V+ in Run

Radio also uses 34 & 32, so I'd check fuse 30, because if 34 and 32 didn't work, your radio probably wouldn't be working...

Back