• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SVT = good gas mileage. Who knew?

Since replacing my throttle position sensor, my car has been running wonderfully. As a result, it is a lot more fun to drive. Because of that, I've had my foot in it, and my gas mileage has dipped. :cool:

I wonder if he meant it has good gas mileage because it is an SVT motor, or just that it is an SVT motor and yet gets good gas mileage.

My SVT gets much better mileage than any other car I've owned. I average 28-30 MPG on long highway trips.

i'd jump on that car if i wasnt putting so much into my svt right now. throw on an svt kit, wheels, and an exhaust. you'll be ballin :cool:

I average 28-30 MPG on long highway trips.

I get about the same. I took the Sport on the longest drive its been on in years back in November, and the whole trip averaged about 28mpg. That was with me speeding at 10-15 over the limit, and with an ATX even.

I love these commercials recently where 30mpg is so fuel efficient. Marketing departments will try to spin anything to sell a car.

makes me think it must have very high miles , as its one of the main things someone looks at and lists most of the time. That he chose not to say, and the low price.....but hell I have 164,000 on my new SE and it runs great.

I emailed the owner cause i would really like an MTX and the SVT motor is a plus of course...anyway, no response yet...

Back