• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Climate - Can only have heat on full blast

Darkcrimedc

CEG'er
I've heard a few different answers for this, I just want a little clarity on this subject. I have a 99 Contour SVT. I can only have my heat on full blast or nothing at all. All options work as far as where the heat will go (Defrost, defrost/floor, vents... etc). Is this where I would need a new Climate control unit, or could this be something else?

If it's a pain to get to, I may just take it in to get fixed... Too cold in Michigan to work on cars!!! hehe. Thanks in advance for the help

Same problem

Same problem

I had the same problem for a while and never fixed it until it went out completely. I just replaced the resistor pack and the switch but still no air movement. The fuses are all ok. Is this the fan? how hard is that to fix and is it an expensive part? Thanks

I had the same problem for a while and never fixed it until it went out completely. I just replaced the resistor pack and the switch but still no air movement. The fuses are all ok. Is this the fan? how hard is that to fix and is it an expensive part? Thanks
Yes, it could be the blower motor. And that is even easier to fix.
Blower motor - 1995-97 $53.70 at www.teamfordparts.com

How to
http://www.autozone.com/az/cds/en_us/0900823d/80/1b/cf/25/0900823d801bcf25/repairInfoPages.htm

Last edited:
Back