• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

I-PASS Problems...

Tisby

CEG'er
Does anybody in here use I-PASS? I've got it mounted on my windshield where the instructions say to, but the only place it duducted tolls from was on the Skyway. I called and they said that since it was the first day I had it, maybe it wasn't fully working yet. However, when I activated it they said could use it right away. Just wodnering if there's a trick with our cars on getting this thing to work right...

I have an Ipass... had one for the last 4 years or so.

I have no problems with my CSVT -- I have it mounted right under the rearview mirror on the glass...

You do have it mounted correctly as in barcode facing you?

Yeah, it's def. mounted the correct way. Arrows facing up & bar code facing me. It's only a problem in the lanes that you don't slow down in. I've got mine mounted on the left sidde of the rearview, I wonder if that would make a difference.

Not sure right now, with the flow of traffic - prolly about 60-70 mph. I've only used it once. I'll be going through the area 3 times next week so we'll see what happens then.

I think they've bragged that they've tested those open road toll areas with vehicles going 125 and above and it still worked. Not sure why you didnt get charged.. but then again I normally never look at my account online to make sure that all mine have ever registered when I went to IL and back.

Not sure right now, with the flow of traffic - prolly about 60-70 mph. I've only used it once. I'll be going through the area 3 times next week so we'll see what happens then.

the speeds insignificant, they can pick you up faster than your car can go.

heres how it works, if you have 5 violations without paying, they send you a ticket for 120 bucks. If that IPASS is registered to your car license plate, they you have to call them and say, it must not have been working properly but account is for this license plate and they will deduct the X.XX dollars from your account, its a hassle.

Well, I don't know what the problem was the other day but today I went through 5 plazas and it caught them all. I'm guessing it just took longer than it was suppossed to for it to be activated. I'll always be reviewing the account b/c I have to file expense reports.:mad:

thats much more likely a problem with the battery getting low [BTW, do those batteries still cost 50 bucks? that was THE biggest complaint about the old ones]

You can get the old one swapped out for the new one for free. The info is one the website.

Back