• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

The weather outside...

LUCA

Boomstick\Owner
Admin
may be frightful but my house is FREEZING!!! :help:

I have no heat. It seems that the igniter kicked on the furnace. Repair dude says it will be a few days until the new part comes in. A FEW DAYS??? WTH?

I'm cold and I have a headache. Not a good combo since being this cold will turn that little headache into a migraine. :cry:

We hooked up the baseboard heater in the basement and turned the heat on in the downstairs bathroom so the pipes won't freeze. The space heater from the garage is in the bedroom. Even started a fire in the fireplace but that didn't do much good, it's still 58 in here.

We just got back from Glenn's favorite place, we picked up a bigger space heater.

I have my winter coat on as I'm typing.

Please, let that part come in and let the repair guy come back before the weekend. Please!

Thought I'd share my tale of woe with you all. ;)

may be frightful but my house is FREEZING!!! :help:

I have no heat. It seems that the igniter kicked on the furnace. Repair dude says it will be a few days until the new part comes in. A FEW DAYS??? WTH?

I'm cold and I have a headache. Not a good combo since being this cold will turn that little headache into a migraine. :cry:

We hooked up the baseboard heater in the basement and turned the heat on in the downstairs bathroom so the pipes won't freeze. The space heater from the garage is in the bedroom. Even started a fire in the fireplace but that didn't do much good, it's still 58 in here.

We just got back from Glenn's favorite place, we picked up a bigger space heater.

I have my winter coat on as I'm typing.

Please, let that part come in and let the repair guy come back before the weekend. Please!

Thought I'd share my tale of woe with you all. ;)

Ouch. If it makes you feel any better I just bought a 115hp 350lb sport bike with +2 rear sprocket...and it started snowing on the ride home. Almost died.

Doug: YIKES!! That had to be a cold ride. :(

Bite me Glenn. LOL!

snow is no good for donuts so im kinda disapointed, and luca you better get every blanket in your house tonite. i hope everythign gets fixed soon

My mother had to go to the house in PA to turn on the heat recently, cause she turned the thermostats all the way down last time she was there...which was still technically summer.

We had no heat fora few days once. Flood took out the furnace...dead of winter too. Sleeping in bed under the covers with winter jackets on sucked.

Well at leat you have the winter jacket and space heater ;)

Gloves might be the next step. lol

Here, i'll send some heat your way
guns_flamethrower.gif

Oh that's awful!

I had no heat twice in two days two weeks ago. I think the landlord said it was overloading the circuit and the fuse kept blowing or something. It got down to 50° or so.

Of course being sick makes it all the worse :( get well soon!

Last edited:
I hope the part for the heater comes in ASAP - being cold FTL :( .

If ya get too cold , you know where I live & you guys know you're welcome to c'mon over . Ken's commute to work would suck though ;) ! Although your cold house might give you a really good excuse to ... well , you know ;) .

I meant cook some Pasta e Fagioli ... what'd ya think I meant , ya dirty-minded folks ?!?!

That's one of my biggest fears during a major blizzard is the heat going out. You'd be so screwed, because it could be days till it could be fixed. Espeically if the electricty goes out, there's nothing to use as backup. I don't know how long I could last if it was below 0 w/o heat... pipes would freeze and burst, any food that wasn't dried would freeze solid, etc...

christine, you can always come over here and get a little warm :laugh:

:) Thank you! I can always count on you.

My mother had to go to the house in PA to turn on the heat recently, cause she turned the thermostats all the way down last time she was there...which was still technically summer.

We had no heat fora few days once. Flood took out the furnace...dead of winter too. Sleeping in bed under the covers with winter jackets on sucked.

That would suck sleeping in bed with a coat on.
That's always my fear, the pipes will burst and cause a royal mess.
My bed is heated so as long as I have electric, I don't need the extra covers or a coat. I am thankful for that.

Well at leat you have the winter jacket and space heater ;)

Gloves might be the next step. lol

Here, i'll send some heat your way
guns_flamethrower.gif

Thanks for the blast of heat Aaron. :)
I did have my gloves on last night. LOL! It was cold in here.
We went and got another space heater last night, a larger one. Right now it's a balmy 62. I have the small one in the bedroom and the larger one in the living room. Both were cranking all night.
My electric bill is going to kill me.

If ya get too cold , you know where I live & you guys know you're welcome to c'mon over . Ken's commute to work would suck though ;) ! Although your cold house might give you a really good excuse to ... well , you know ;) .

I meant cook some Pasta e Fagioli ... what'd ya think I meant , ya dirty-minded folks ?!?!

Thank you for the offer, it is much appreciated.

LMAO! I knew it, I knew someone would go there. :D
Thanks for the idea, I may just make some Pasta e Fagioli tonight. It's a good day for soup.

Normally when we are going to have a bad storm I'll being in some of the firewood, just in case. I didn't have any dry wood so it was one of those fancy logs that I was using, they don't throw off much heat at all.

The people that lived here before us finished the basement, they added a baseboard heater too. When I had the new furnace put in I had them put in a vent so I wouldn't have to use the electric heat. We had to do some remodeling in the basement and weren't planning on reinstalling that baseboard heater, luckily we did! It's cranking out the heat down there so the pipes don't freeze.

The younger dog is laying right in front of the heater. Guess he's cold. :laugh:

Doug: Take the car today!!! It's mighty cold out there.

Even the Jews believe "If you thought it, you said it."

So, Allen said it first!:eek:

My brother's furnace broke on Saturday night, they were wroking on it till Sunday night and got it fixed then. Of all the times for it to break... Stupid furnace...

My SVT isn't liking this weather either, my sideskirts are covered in hardened slush, we got hit pretty hard with snow over the last few days... If it gets above freezing today i'm getting out the hose and washing the car...

not to bad down here today. changed the plug wires and put on a 65mmtb off of tbird...the wires seemed to have smoothed things out :cool:

How's the headache today, Christine? I can't believe the repair guy can't find another ignitor somewhere else. :shrug: Hope it gets there quick for ya.

Did the throttle body help? Whatcha doin with the old one... ?? ;)
was gonna pm or im you,didnt see you online though. i listed it in the ne classifieds.:shrug: havent driven further than up and down my driveway..maybe tonight i can let you know:laugh:

was gonna pm or im you,didnt see you online though. i listed it in the ne classifieds.:shrug: havent driven further than up and down my driveway..maybe tonight i can let you know:laugh:

You have been im'd... Stop sleeping at the computer! :troutslap:

Back