• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

csvt made the list

Nice find, and hey, if they quote us high, hopefully those who want to buy a CSVT will be willing to pay that now. :wink:

$6,350-$8,425! Psshh...good luck! We all wish we could get that for our cars!

Nice find though! :cool:
Even sadder that we can't chalk that up to the Canadian conversion rate anymore.

Though (without researching) I think all of those prices are inflated. There's no way a 2004 Vibe is still going for 20K or a 2003 Tiburon going for 18K.
I know that Canada often has higher prices for cars but those still seem high.

looks at article date: [FONT=arial, helvetica] June 30, 2005[/FONT]

I didn't look at that or even read the article, but that would make a huge difference in the value of our cars. I could see a nice low mileage one going for $6500 2 years ago!

Yeah how the Vibe and XRS are on that list I don't know. It handled like a pickup. Doesn't belong in that group.

-Andy

How does a Pontiac Vibe make that kind of company?? All the rest are all cars I wouldn't mind having.

Vibe GT?

Vibe GT >= Corolla XRS, its the same car aside from the body pannels, plus a Vibe GT would have a better use every day.

the Vibe GT has the Yamaha bult 2ZZ-GE motor, which was the corolla motor with valve lift, allowing the motor rev insanely above 6500 RPMS. about 170 horses IIRCw

the vibe gt actually isnt a bad performing car...ugly as hell though. i'd much rather have the toyota

the vibe gt actually isnt a bad performing car...ugly as hell though. i'd much rather have the toyota

which obviously is the same car... I dont care either way, a friend of mine desprately needed a new car, he had a 97 malibu with over 200K miles, everything was broken on it, and I mean everything, suspension, heater/AC, MANUAL WINDOWS, door locks, Brakes made horrible noises, the only thing that worked on it was the engine and trans, amazingly well too. But the starter gave out on it for the 3rd time and I advised him to junk yard it and go with me to find him a new car.

I got extremely lucky, I found an 03' vibe, Cd, A/C, cruse control, AWD with an ATX. with ONLY 60K miles. for $6500. Only drawback was it had been in a front ender, but a very mild one, it was only body pannel damage and had been properly mended, I have to say after driving that car, I seriously considered picking up a Vibe/matrix of my own, provided I could find a GT or an XRS, there is so much useable room in it. we folded down the passenger seats and were able to fit a Kayak in there :shocked:

Plus its increadibly safe/fun in the winter, with a fully active AWD system snow drifting is wicked fun.

Plus... check out the 09 model

09_vibe-thumb.jpg

no :censored::censored::censored::censored: its the same car,but from a styling and resale pov,the matrix is a better car. not to mention some of the features it offers over the vibe.
now the 09 vibe is sweet looking car compared to the last model

Yeah, but when you pull up next to another one at a stop light and see a 55 yr old woman driving it, how do you feel?

And you also have to say the word "Vibe" come on....

One time I saw a nice, clean black svt going down the road....sped up to give him the head nod and it was a 50 yr old woman! Took me a little while to convince myself my car was still cool. I convinced myself her son wrecked her car and she took his as punishment.

* 50 yr old women please do not be offended

Yeah, but when you pull up next to another one at a stop light and see a 55 yr old woman driving it, how do you feel?

One time I saw a nice, clean black svt going down the road....sped up to give him the head nod and it was a 50 yr old woman! Took me a little while to convince myself my car was still cool. I convinced myself her son wrecked her car and she took his as punishment.

uhh... do you realize we drive CONTOURS. If you are considering a Vibe GT a grandma car because it is still a VIBE, then you must consider an Contour svt a grandma car because it is still a CONTOUR! Your post is the dumbest thing I have read in awhile. :)

Yeah, i felt pretty :censored::censored::censored::censored:ty when I pulled up next to a 55 year old lady driving a CTS-V

Or an 80 year old guy driving a GT500

or a 45 year old lady driving an SLK AMG.

it happens, old people do occasionally want good cars. and just because people aren't teenagers/college students anymore doesn't mean its time to give up on life and not have any more fun.

Last edited:
Back