• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

More snow?

Redlineracer12

Addicted CEG'er
Today said:
Snow likely. Cold. High 22F. Winds ESE at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of snow 80%. 3 to 5 inches of snow expected.

Tonight said:
Snow will taper off and end this evening but skies will remain cloudy late. Low 17F. Winds NE at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of snow 80%. Snow accumulating 1 to 3 inches.

Maybe this would be a good time to sell my snowmobile.... :idea:

Working from home again today... The person I carpool with is a pussy for driving in the snow - even though he has a 4wd Jeep. The car with the blizzaks is nuts - pretty much plowed my friends driveway driving in it.

I agree. But then what if it turns out to be a heck of a winter and I'm bored at home with no snowmobile? :laugh:

I just have to commit myself to selling it first...

We are supposed to have a warmer winter with a lot of snow. Is it La Nina this year or something.

I do the same thing with mine. Havent gotten stuck once.:cool:

I hope we dont get much up here. I am probably taking a trip to the border for work.

I let my gf take the cougar with the blizzaks today with the snow talk. Boy am I nice... I'm driving her 2wd 4 cylinder auto ranger with no weight in the back :crazy: Should be an interesting drive home :laugh:

Should really get on a set of new leaf springs so I can put some sand in the back. I've been pounding the leaf spring back together about once a month, one of the main leafs has been broke in two pieces for like a year now. At least the tires are still pretty decent on it.

I let my gf take the cougar with the blizzaks today with the snow talk. Boy am I nice... I'm driving her 2wd 4 cylinder auto ranger with no weight in the back :crazy: Should be an interesting drive home :laugh:

Should really get on a set of new leaf springs so I can put some sand in the back. I've been pounding the leaf spring back together about once a month, one of the main leafs has been broke in two pieces for like a year now. At least the tires are still pretty decent on it.

If she is driving that, you need a new gf. :laugh:

I'll drive this when things get too deep for the SVT

0207070854b.jpg

Nothing will stop this thing with 4.56 gears, lockers up front and rear, and enough grunt to pull tree's out of the ground.

Not the price of gas? ;) 4.56 must be highway friendly....

I heard we have only gotten a dusting here. I haven't gotten outside yet since this morning.

Any idea what the gears are in a stock 79 F-250? All I know is my truck with the 460 and the gearing it has will pull anything and everything.......as long as the stupid 2wd gets traction. :laugh:

Any idea what the gears are in a stock 79 F-250? All I know is my truck with the 460 and the gearing it has will pull anything and everything.......as long as the stupid 2wd gets traction. :laugh:

I doubt they are higher than 4.11... I'm not sure though. If I remember correctly my old 91 F150 had 3.08s :laugh:

were over 6 inches already, and expecting about a foot total :D

this is what i am driving while i look for a car.

IMG_0946small.jpg

IMG_0948.jpg

i managed to get it stuck 1 time last year, when i was pushing snow OVER the hood. i'll take a subaru over just about anything in snow, they are just unstopable. :D

i managed to get it stuck 1 time last year, when i was pushing snow OVER the hood. i'll take a subaru over just about anything in snow, they are just unstopable. :D

Tell me about it. Great winter cars, that is for sure. I would really love to get another one so I could put the SVT away during the winter. The wife (that sounds too weird) saw a WRX wagon on the road the other week in duluth that she liked. Two imprezza wagons in front of the house?

yeah tony, kyle's truck is at about 4000 rpms doing 65 on the freeway hahahahah just kidding. his truck is fun to ride in. he beats on it nice :)

Tell me about it. Great winter cars, that is for sure. I would really love to get another one so I could put the SVT away during the winter. The wife (that sounds too weird) saw a WRX wagon on the road the other week in duluth that she liked. Two imprezza wagons in front of the house?

cool. congrats btw!

yeah, the snow is the major draw about a suby for me... and rally racing :)

i wnet home form work earliy today from being sick, otherwise i'd be out tearin it up right now, working on getting it stuck.

EDIT: if that outback had snowtires, i dont knwo what would stop it in th white stuff :)

yeah tony, kyle's truck is at about 4000 rpms doing 65 on the freeway hahahahah just kidding. his truck is fun to ride in. he beats on it nice :)

Hehe - actually I only turn 2K @ 55 with the larger tires. It is built to be beat on - I don't think I can hurt it on the roads, or even come close to what I do to it on the trails... I do, on occasion, spin the motor to red-line - but babies cry and police start looking :laugh:

I can fill the tank for less then 30 bucks and do a decent amount of driving on it. I'm not sure what kinda MPG I get with the new trans, but it is above and beyond what I was getting with the old trans.

Back