• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

for you budget minded ceger's

95pgt-t

Hard-core CEG'er
and i know there are some of you out there,ford probe front strut brace's will fit on the contour..do they fit like the omp..no,but they're long enough,some have the correct bends...and they can be had on ebay for not much money. some are hollow..and prob. work best for looks. but there are some solid one's out there.

and i know there are some of you out there,ford probe front strut brace's will fit on the contour..do they fit like the omp..no,but they're long enough,some have the correct bends...and they can be had on ebay for not much money. some are hollow..and prob. work best for looks. but there are some solid one's out there.

You didn't specify whether a Gen 1 Probe, Gen 2 or both.

Every frt STB that I've seen came with "issues". Either the STB hit the EGR valve (when accelerative/decelerative forces twist the drivetrain), rubbed on the hood or the master cylinder reservoir cap cannot be removed. For what it's worth, a frt STB does next to nothing structurally due to the close proximity of the strut towers to the firewall and the frame members. If you want "bang for the buck" get a rr STB. The trunk pass-through is weak point structurally.

Back