• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Autoblog gives us some props?

MapOfTaziFoSho

Hard-core CEG'er
http://www.autoblog.com/2007/11/29/ebay-find-of-the-day-1998-bondurant-svt-contour/#comments

eBay Find of the Day: 1998 Bondurant SVT Contour

Posted Nov 29th 2007 6:56PM by John Neff
Filed under: Time Warp, Sedans/Saloons, Auction Action, Ford

click above image for gallery

If by chance I wait too long and there are no cherry 1991 Ford Taurus SHOs around when I'm ready to buy, I hope I can find a mint Ford SVT Contour instead. Of all the SVT Contours on the road, this one is perhaps most special. Only five of these Bondurant SVT Contours were created by ROUSH to be used by the driving school's instructors for ferrying students around the track. The list of upgrades alone is too long to detail here, but the description on the eBay Motors auction page claims that their worth amounts to at least $8,000 in additional parts. Magazines at the time estimated the 2.5L V6 produces around 20 to 30 more horsepower than stock, putting its power figure at around 220 to 230 horsepower. That's SHO territory in a significantly smaller and lighter package. This particular example is in fair condition, though there's a scrape here, a small crack there and the paint and stickers have faded - nothing a body man and a good paint job couldn't fix, though. Jack Roush himself even signed the underside of the hood! Plus, it only has 7,500 miles and appears street legal. Bidding ends on December 3rd, and after 10 bids is up to only $4,050. Should I do it?!?!?!

Thanks for the tip, Resh!

[Source: eBay Motors]

Gallery: 1998 Ford SVT Contour Bondurant

Tags: 2998 ford svt contour, 2998FordSvtContour, bondurant contour, bondurant contour ebay, BondurantContour, BondurantContourEbay

Idiots...

"Hmmm...remember, that's 7500 miles of track use, meaning the car has been driven against it's rev limiter from day 1. I'd give them $5000 and expect an engine refresh/rebuild soon.
BTW, I have a friend selling his '92 SHO. Interested?:"

"Absolutely go for it. SVT Contours rock, and that's a pretty kickass price for one that's been worked over (and signed!) by Jack Roush.

Only one thing: after you buy it, make sure to paint it some other color than yellow. Bring back the sleeper potential that makes these cars so cool, paint it black."

Sigh...

I've drive CJ's car and you'd never know if it was tracked. Another day, another auto idiot.

Only one thing: after you buy it, make sure to paint it some other color than yellow. Bring back the sleeper potential that makes these cars so cool, paint it black."

Sigh...

youre crazy. id leave that thing exactly how it is. maybe replace the faded stickers with new versions of the same thing.

youre crazy. id leave that thing exactly how it is. maybe replace the faded stickers with new versions of the same thing.

He was quoting the comments...

Anyway i kinda wish he would have posted it on here before putting her on eBay, either way, i hope she gets a good home.

I tried to post it here but there seems to be a problem with posting in the classifieds. I tried for weeks and it wouldn't let me.

lol! stock for stock it's probably slower than a regular SVT with the added weight of the roll cage and fire extinguisher system...only thing i'd be interested in off one of those is the oil pan!

it would be cool to do a 3L swap and build it into an open track car. they are not faster than stock, and ive heard the suspension is fairly untouched.

Back