• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

auto trans questions

glmf

Be Gentle I'm New Here
Thanks to all who post on these forums, great help. Picked up a 97 Contour, with the 2.0 Zetec, and a pretty good little car so far. One issue is a leaking tranny cooling line, the one that goes to bottom fitting on the radiator. This line is corroded badly at the radiator, and I will have to replace the lines and the rad for sure. Was thinking of putting a large tranny cooler in out front of the rad and just plumbing that,,,, no lines to the rad anymore, as the rad is in great shape except for where that bottom line hooks up. Any idea how big a cooler I should use to do all the tranny fluid cooling??? Also any ideas on a cheap tranny temp guage that I might use to keep an eye on things??? Thanks much,,,

If you do decide to replace the line be careful of the connector. The line is a dealer part and ford changed the ends and may require a radiator change even if you decide the old one is ok. Check with a good parts person (Bill Jenkins) before you decide.

twocontours, don't want to touch the end of the line. I will cut it a few inches from the radiator and crimp it closed, and run new lines that I will make myself. Looked at ebay last night and found quite a few coolers there, think I am going to go for it,,,, I am worried about over cooling if anything, but not sure if that is an issue,,,

Back