• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Put a bunch of my parts on...

Red99CSVT

CEG'er
So for the last two weeks I've been doing some mods to my car and it's back on the road, here is the list of what is done:

-MSDS ceramic coated headers
-Truebendz y-pipe with a hight flow cat
-new 3rd gear syncor
-Torsen T2 diff
-Fidanza flywheel
-Spec stage 3 clutch
-B&M short throw shifter
-Ingen intake
-Unorthodox Racing underdrive pully
-metal impeller water pump
-Aussie rear sway bar
-BAT struts and springs front and rear
-triple gauge pod with AEM wideband, water temp and nitrous press
-gauge faces
-painted rear chrome strip black
-ZEX dry kit (mounted bottle in the trunk ran the main feed line and mounted the control unit)
-pre-98 console installed

I think that's all I've installed so far for the nitrous I need to install the purge kit, bottle warmer, remote bottle opener and hook everything up electricaly. What wire is the output voltage for the TPS sensor so I can tap into it for the nitrous? The parts I still need to install are:

-front and rear strut tower braces
-bottle warmer, purge kit and remote bottle opener
-get the cat back done
-eyelids

I think thats all the parts I've done and the rest should be going in tommorow. I have to say that the clutch is noisy when it's not engaged between that and the wideband moving all the time there are a few new things for me to get used to. The car runs amazing I can't believe the difference everything has made once I get the last few parts installed I'm going to get a flip chip installed and the car dyno tuned. I'll will probably be about another month till that happens. Just wanted to keep everyone up to date on how my little project is going I'll get pics up here in a few days.

To go from stock to upgrades of headers, y-pipe, torsen will give it a real kick in the butt. Get an xcal2 and a real tune and dyno time and you'll love it. Based on my Stage II, I'd bet that slipping/ feathering the stage III clutch is almost impossible, but if you're adding nitrous, you're in good shape once you get past that first 60 feet. Have you any plans for drag radials or upgraded half axles?

Edit: Will someone around Puget Sound give me clues on the 1/4 tracks close to you? Could be good info for figuring a NW branch spring meet. And by then Shotwell could maybe have his csvt ready to drag again... ?

Last edited:
I have no problem driving my stage II like any normal clutch, it's no problem to slip a normal amount, the only hard part is when you want to slip it more than normal such as at a drag strip trying to slip it excessivley to get quicker launch without dumping the clutch.

It is a huge difference in the car with all the parts on I finished installing and wiring up everything for the nitrous today the only thing left for it is to drill and tap the intake for the nozzle and hook up that line. I will have pics up soon I just finished painting the front chrome to match the car it's drying right now so tomorow I'll take some pics for everyone.

Those are some great upgrades! I look forward to seeing some pics. The fun factor just went up for you!

Nice upgrades.
Just FYI, the Xcal 3 is now available and is better than the Xcal2 for about the same money. Biggest difference to me was being able to see parameters real-time instead of needing a laptop in the car.
I had the Spec 3 in my Mustang. Very on/off but I got used to it pretty quick and it wasn't bad. I think the 2+/3+ are more streetable than the 2/3. Also, not sure why yours is making noise :shrug: , mine was quiet.
-J

Alright I can't seem to upload any pics right now the host I use is jacked up. I have the Spec 3+ (the six puck one) it's not really noisy and I am getting alot better with it I need to stop slipping it when I downshift just take time to get used to. I'll try and get some up soon as I can.

The spec Stage 3+ is a full face clutch. Since you have a 6 puck clutch, you obviously have the stage 3 and not the stage 3+. The noise you hear is gear roll over noise also know as clutch chatter. The stage 3+ is much more streetable and I know because I have owned both. I loved my stage 3+ and I am not a big fan of my current stage 3. It is very hard to get used to.

What do you have a stage 3 clutch on Reebs?

I had a stage 3+ on my 3L Turbo SVT, and now I have a stage 3 on my built N/A 3L SVT. I have also had a spec stage 2 on my old 3L SE, and I have had OEM and spec Stage 1's on my stockish SVT's. I have been around the block and back when it comes to Contours! :)

Back