• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Cleaning chrome/aluminum, whatever this is...

2000 grit wil take any pitting out and will not damage the surface just dont sand through if it is coated ...........be gentle

For the record, Nevr-Dull wadding polish from Eagle One is great for polishing chrome. Puts a nice shine on it, and is as simple to use as wax. Apply, then buff off.

7993310355.jpg

For the record, Nevr-Dull wadding polish from Eagle One is great for polishing chrome. Puts a nice shine on it, and is as simple to use as wax. Apply, then buff off.

7993310355.jpg

I also stand by this stuff! It also removes carbon very effectively, as I know from the exhaust tips on my RX-7.

I would also consider Meguiar's NXT All Metal Polish as it does seem to provide protection the Eagle One does not.

7993310355.jpg
Wow. True dat. This stuff is ridiculously easy to use. You just pull a chunk out and "wax" the area you want shiney, then buff it off with a clean rag. I used it for the first time this weekend. It BLOWS Megs/Mothers metal (exhaust tip) polishes out of the water. I am in love.... :eek:
Erick --

I bought the Mother's Mini Buffing Ball, word of caution.... not worth 20 bucks.:nonono: Just thought i'd let everyone know.

I pick this up this weekend and I'm very pleased with the results I got from it. I have spoked type rims and this ball did the trick, but I feel it was more of me spending more time on the rims since all I had to do was hold my drill. The real surprised was with my exhaust tips, I use some Eagle One never dull and put this ball on them and BAM!!!! it was like looking in a mirror, especially on the inside, the ball fits perfectly for a solid buffing action.

Back