• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Engine Work

JoeM

Veteran CEG'er
Any one interested in helping me Pull my engine/trans?

I need to fix a broken Spring/lifter/valve issue :(

While im at it, headers will go in too....

you sure it's a lifter/valve issue? tony thought his old 3L was a valve problem and it turned up being a spun bearing :(

i could possibly help. but i like heat in the winter, when i work for free.

you sure it's a lifter/valve issue? tony thought his old 3L was a valve problem and it turned up being a spun bearing :(

i could possibly help. but i like heat in the winter, when i work for free.

I'm not so sure it was a spun bearing as the crankshaft didn't really take a beating. I think it was rod knock due to who knows what. I really should have had the block looked over before I dropped it in (or did it myself at least). I just assumed everything would be alright with a "lower mileage" engine :rolleyes: :troutslap:

But hey, I enjoy my spankin' new one more :cool:

yeah. i want to build one up with forged goodies so i don't have to worry about it much when i finally give in and buy the turbo kit. ;)

Maybe we should all just show up - like a mini meet. Tyler and I already plan on plling my motor out - this looks like good practice to me :laugh:

Hehe - I got my headers in the mail today too :drool: Extreme Ceramic Coated goodness :drool:

yeah. the headers are sweet. but the Y pipe still rusts out on every weld. kinda ugly, but its under the car. all in all, i'm happiest with the aluminized exhast from cat-back.

i thought your car already had a 3L swap from chris? if it does, i would bring it back to him!

we can find you a 3L for 400 easy.

i paid 350 for my engine complete i could have done the full 3l swap for about 450 after gaskets and fluids. but i did svt cams and stuff so it took more time and a few more gaskets. my engine had 38k on it.

Back