• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Cardone parts

D13

CEG'er
Looking to replace a few things this tax return season - half shafts/CV, bearings, MAF, TPS, coil, plug wires, rod ends, and various bushings.

Question is, Advanced Auto has this new line of parts called Cardone. They are cheaper and have decent warranties. Anyone used them or know if they are even worth the effort?

I used Cardone water pumps on the 86 2.9L Ranger I used to have. It seemed okay. I think the water pump I just got for the Contour was Cardone as well. I bought both at Kragen's - the one for Ranger about 7 years ago. Cardone has been around for a while. At least here in SoCal.
Karl

im a bigger fan of of Napa parts, I have never gotten a bad napa part before, plus most of their stuff is a lot more inexpensive for the contour, especially if you are talking about suspension components, coolant system components.

I'm rather sure that the WP I picked up earlier this year was Cardone. I certainly don't have any issues with and it comes with a full warranty from Advance. However, I think Autozone is a much better store :)

They've been around a long time at least ten years and are recognized as cheaper, however no trouble here with alternators, brake parts, axles over the years.

Mike

I worked for a long time at one of the "bigger" auto parts stores and we carried A-1 Cardone. They have been around for a long time, over 35 years, and reman a lot of product lines. They also have a line called Cardone Select which is a line of new products too. I very rarely had problems with their products coming back.

Thank you all I will check NAPA and Autozone for the parts as well. At least Cardone seems to have a good reputation.

I've used Cardone parts before. They've been around for some time and I've never had a problem with their stuff that I used.

May I suggest using amazon.com to find your CV shafts?

FORD : Contour

From...To.... Trans......Application.....Left........ Right

1995 2000 AT 2.0L; W/O ABS FD-8027 FD-8028
1995 2000 AT 2.0L; W/ ABS FD-8027A FD-8028A
1995 2000 AT 2.5L; W/O ABS FD-8051 FD-8052
1995 2000 AT 2.5L; W/ ABS FD-8051A FD-8052A
1995 2000 MT 2.0L; W/O ABS FD-8054 FD-8028
1995 2000 MT 2.0L; W/ ABS FD-8054A FD-8028A
1995 2000 MT 2.5L; W/O ABS FD-8054 FD-8052
1995 2000 MT 2.5L; W/ ABS FD-8054A FD-8052A

Everything else can be ordered through rockauto.com and shipped for less than you'd pay at Advance.

Don't forget that the axle nuts are one time use only. You'll need a 32mm axle nut socket to get them off. $16 at Advance. And you may look at replacing the ball joints as well since you'll have that all apart anyway.

Oh here's why I suggest rockauto.com. I've already saved hundreds by going through them. And by the time I finish rebuilding my 98 I'll have saved close to $1000 over Advance by going through them.

Last edited:
Rock auto, a good place for Motorcraft :cool:

I second that. I use Motorcraft parts whenever possible. Also Steve at Tousley Ford -- 800-328-9552.

As for A1 Cardone -- they're quite handy when you've got an otherwise obsolete part. Used them occasionally in my SHO rebuild.

Back