• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

rear abs sensor

98TredSVT

Veteran CEG'er
I cut these because I was a retard when installing my suspension and they got tangled up. If I just twist them back together and tape them up real good will it turn the abs light off and allow them to work again?

never mind that solution, I forgot I cut it short on one end so there isn't anything to twist them back together with anyway. Where does the end nearer the front of the car disconnect? I see it runs into the frame of the car but then to where after that?

Also, what years and cars can these sensors be pulled from including mercurys. I just called my local ford dealership and they are expensive and have to order them.

I'm not 100% sure on either of these, but the I think the wire ends right at the ABS module. And the sensors should be universal across all years.

I'm not 100% sure on either of these, but the I think the wire ends right at the ABS module. And the sensors should be universal across all years.

No, under th rear seat bottom as previously stated. They're $90 ea. from rockauto w/ discount.

But which models had these sensors? Do the models with drum brakes in the rear have these? Are you saying any car with the duratec 2.5 v6 has these same rear abs cables?

Your discount code is:

Here's how to use it:

* Enter your code in the "How did you hear about us" line of the shopping cart.
* If you are using our traditional HTML catalog, please click the "Set" button to the right of the field.
* Your discount will automatically appear, subtracted from your order total.

Back