• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Chrome Signal bulb

Anybody know a compagny who make chrome looking signal bulb that light legal amber colors ?
www.autolumination.com itts either an 1157 or 3157 depending on year i believe.

3156sv.jpg

These bulbs may look cool and all, but they are very dim. During the day you can barely see them lit up.
you can see mine just fine. :shrug:

yes they are slightly dimmer than the regular bulb but they are still plenty bright and can be seen easily during the day.

I just remember Goonz and a few other members trying these bulbs out and complaining about how dim they were. Goonz tried a few different brands and they all gave about the same results. I've seen his bulbs during the day and I didn't even know they were lit.

The wattage remains the same as a factory style bulb, but the silver film cuts down on the light output like crazy.

I know I can see the reflection of mine blinking in the paint of cars in front of me when I'm stopped at a light. :shrug: Never had an issue where someone acted like they couldn't see mine. I'll see if I can get some pics later on.

I know I can see the reflection of mine blinking in the paint of cars in front of me when I'm stopped at a light. :shrug: Never had an issue where someone acted like they couldn't see mine. I'll see if I can get some pics later on.
exactly. i have them in both the SVT and the pre98. i have no problem seeing the reflection of them during the day, even without the turn signals on. i will also see if i can get pictures later.

Can't see the running lights during the day w/ mine.. but you can see the blinker no problem.

I've got a set of the Silverstar ones. They're kinda shiny-blue. They leave a little bit of orange tint in the headlight housing, but hardly any. They light up very bright, like stock. Trust me, you get what you pay for with those bulbs.

I've got a set of the Silverstar ones. They're kinda shiny-blue. They leave a little bit of orange tint in the headlight housing, but hardly any. They light up very bright, like stock. Trust me, you get what you pay for with those bulbs.

Im using those both on my svt and my wrx (front)... the one im searching for is the rear, but there is no silverstar for that bulb type

Whatever brand Autozone had of these, I put them in my old 96 Contour and the signals all of a sudden started doing weird things, not to mention they were SUPER dim. Put some Silverstars in, and everything returned to normal.

Back